Fisrt PC Build, would like help Please.

Go to solution Solved by Demons Wrath,

Yes I am from the US

Your budget is massively over generous.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Micro Center) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($116.53 @ Amazon) 
Memory: PNY XLR8 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($254.99 @ NCIX US) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC68 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($96.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: LEPA Vortex 12 PWM 63.9 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($1.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1289.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-22 18:20 EDT-0400

As the title suggested, I would like some help building the best pc I can with my budget which is $2000.

I have been learning about how to build one but I would like some extra advice to see if you nice people could tell me if I could get some more bang for my buck. I do have a list of components I would buy but I am not sure. Here's what I am thinking:

Case: CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced

Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz

RAM: CORSAIR Vengence 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600

SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB

HHD: WD BLACK 2TB

PSU: XFX ProSeries P1-1000-BELX 1000W

GPU: XFX Black Edition Double Dissipation R9-290x 

Water cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120xl

Wi-Fi card: ASUS PCE-AC68

So could I do better? Is this good value? Thanks  :) Also I go to LANs fairly often on the weekends, and a case for that  would be fantastic.

Here are my current PC Specs

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 910 2.6ghz

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: XFX 5770 1GB

HHD: WD Green Drive 1TB

Also is this a moded PC, Its an old HP-Pavilion There is the system model if you want to see exactly what I am dealing with. KY811AA-ABA e9120y

Get a Intel Core i5k or 7k

Also I would suggest a EVGA 780ti

Because he had a hard drive.

As the title suggested, I would like some help building the best pc I can with my budget which is $2000.

I have been learning about how to build one but I would like some extra advice to see if you nice people could tell me if I could get some more bang for my buck. I do have a list of components I would buy but I am not sure. Here's what I am thinking:

So could I do better? Is this good value? Thanks   :)

You from the USA? Got to tell us these things. How else to pick parts for you?

Looks cool to me, PSU is an overkill imo 750w or 850 watts would do, plus youu save a lot of money & can go for a gold/Platinum  certified PSU.

PS:Welcome to the forums.. & badass avvy

Details separate people.

Yeah I was thinking about getting a lower watt PSU but I would like to upgrade my pc later and crossfire. but if its not worth doing I might just go 850w but the !000w psu is platinum on Newegg's web site.

Yes I am from the US

Your budget is massively over generous.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Micro Center) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($116.53 @ Amazon) 
Memory: PNY XLR8 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($254.99 @ NCIX US) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC68 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($96.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1289.41
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-22 18:20 EDT-0400

At a 2k budget intel should be your first processor choice no matter what you're using it for.

Here is a pc that fits your budget that will basically do anything you want it to.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($97.16 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($203.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($329.98 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($329.98 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1840.68
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-22 18:24 EDT-0400

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I have been saving for a long time to build a awesome Gaming PC.

In that case, get something cost effective. Don't waste it on unnecessary purchases. The build I did for you is very cost effective. For a super gaming PC, all you need to do is add another R9 290, something to wait for when Free-Sync comes out. No point getting a Crossfire setup until you get a monitor that can properly use it.

Case: CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced

Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz

RAM: CORSAIR Vengence 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600

SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB

HHD: WD BLACK 2TB

PSU: XFX ProSeries P1-1000-BELX 1000W

GPU: XFX Black Edition Double Dissipation R9-290x 

Water cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120xl

Wi-Fi card: ASUS PCE-AC68

So could I do better? Is this good value? Thanks  :)

Here are my current PC Specs

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 910 2.6ghz

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: XFX 5770 1GB

HHD: WD Green Drive 1TB

Also is this a moded PC, Its an old HP-Pavilion There is the system model if you want to see exactly what I am dealing with. KY811AA-ABA e9120y

Can you squeeze a mechanical keyboard and decent mouse in there as well? 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

I have heard its not worth SLI GPUS and its more practical to just have one?

Only if the monitor can pump out pixels created by the GPU's. If you have a 1920x1080 60hz monitor then no, it's a calamitous waste.

yeah I heard 4k is not practical yet and I am waiting for them to improve

If you get what I have down for you, wait for Free-Sync and get a nice 1440p monitor with 144hz refresh rate. GTX 970s and 980s are the new kid on the block that everyone wants to know, but for higher resolutions the R9 290 and 290x are fucking beast still.

So is that CPU better than the one I picked? Will it last longer? or perform the same? or better

Well I am actually looking for a Good 32 inch HDTV for a monitor when I get some more cash.

So is that CPU better than the one I picked? Will it last longer? or perform the same? or better

The 4790k is better yes.

Well I am actually looking for a Good 32 inch HDTV for a monitor when I get some more cash.

Doesn't matter how large a TV is, if it's 1920x1080, it's no more demanding than one that's 21''.

By the by, if you want to get someone's attention for a question, click Quote on a post of theirs to respond to them. Or by doing this: @Italian Mobster

@Demons Wrath Also why is it better than the one I picked? I am kind of a PC Newb

Well the FX series processors run on a 32nm lithography, and the 4790k runs on 22nm, smaller is more efficient. More efficient requires less power, and produces less heat. Then there's the way that both CPU's are configured; the FX processor's share cache per pairs of cores, the 8 cores in some instances therefore perform in a similar performance to quad cores, rather than octocores. The reverse is true of the i7 4790k, it has 4 physical cores and 8 logical cores. It has the means of "fooling" the PC into thinking it has more cores than it has.

If both CPU's were based on the same architecture and on the same socket, the chances are they would perform much the same. But the FX processors run on technology from 2010/11 and show their age, especially in gaming. There are only a few instances where the FX processors outperform their Intel rivals, but they are few and far between.

@Demons Wrath Ah ok. So even if one had 8 cores it doesn't always mean that it would be better. So in the long run the i7 would last me much longer than the 8350?

@Demons Wrath Ah ok. So even if one had 8 cores it doesn't always mean that it would be better. So in the long run the i7 would last me much longer than the 8350?

Hypothetically they would last you an equal amount of time. If you had either right now, it wouldn't make a huge difference until there was night and day difference in performance in the future. Although the i7 is better than the 8350 at the moment, it's not better to the degree where if you had an 8350, you would need to upgrade to the i7 at the earliest opportunity. But, not having either, and with the budget you have, you'd be fucking nuts not to get the 4790k.  :)