CPU keeps getting 99 celsius when i watch youtube and game

Go to solution Solved by ZiggyManSaad,

Sorry for being a retard but u if u mean the radiator, it's cold the radiator is cold (blowing cold air)

Hey and something else: one tube on the cooler is hot and one cold, is it ok or should both be hot or cold???

If it's blowing cold air, the pump is bad. Get that RMA'd.

Sooooo, where to begin..... Ok, it's my first build and I got this small little gigabyte mini itx mobo. It's good, it's good BUT even though my room is ice cold, I have a hydro H60 STILL in my BIOS menu MY F****** BIOS menu my CPU goes up to 91 degrees. I'm like wtf cus I tried everything, reapply thermal paste, use PSU as power source, downclock it EVERYTHING THAT I CAN COME UP WITH. What's wrong with my core i5 socket 1150 4somethingsomethingK in the end??. I really need a fix for this I don't know what to do.

I'm on the move now so can't post specific specs but when I can I'll include some screenshots

Scan for virusus.

Check with HW monitor rather than bios, might be an incorrect reading

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Scan for virusus.

Why?

BIOS temperatures (especially on Gigabyte boards) are notoriously known for being incorrect. Check with HWMonitor as kwljunky said.

It might just be a temperature read error.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

First thing that comes to mind are those viruses that mine cryptocurrencies on your PC. Probably not though. @Hans Christian | Teri

It could also be a defective H60 or simply inaccurate temperature readings.

OP, you may have a faulty pump on your H60. I had the same issue and ended up sending it back. Make sure you do a virus scan to make sure it's nothing like that, and check and see if there was a bios update for that kind of issue - could be a misreading. HWMonitor is my go-to temp reading.

lolololol

Good job at being helpful.

Open up Windows Task Manager and see what is running while you have your browser open watching YT. Click over to performance and see where your CPU load is. If it looks funky in there, download Malware bytes and do a scan. 

Another option is the pump might be bad in your H60. 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Read my username.

Now read his.

I was l.o.l ing at that

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Can you feel any heat if you touch the surface of the radiator? If you don't, it could just be a faulty pump in the AIO.

Check the fan headers and watercooler's power cables to make sure everything is plugged in correctly. Maybe update the BIOS to make sure it isn't a misread or something like that.

Read my username.

Now read his.

I was l.o.l ing at that

Even so, Good job at being helpful.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

First thing that comes to mind are those viruses that mine cryptocurrencies on your PC. Probably not though. @Hans Christian | Teri

It could also be a defective H60 or simply inaccurate temperature readings.

Those typically wouldn't (as in never) be running before booting into the actual OS.

/sigh

Read my second post.

/goddamn

Open up Windows Task Manager and see what is running while you have your browser open watching YT. Click over to performance and see where your CPU load is. If it looks funky in there, download Malware bytes and do a scan. 

Another option is the pump might be bad in your H60.

Yea but HOW can I know if DA PUMP is bad?

OP, you may have a faulty pump on your H60. I had the same issue and ended up sending it back. Make sure you do a virus scan to make sure it's nothing like that, and check and see if there was a bios update for that kind of issue - could be a misreading. HWMonitor is my go-to temp reading.

Updated bios, scanned. But how can I sends it back? The pump

Can you feel any heat if you touch the surface of the radiator? If you don't, it could just be a faulty pump in the AIO.

Check the fan headers and watercooler's power cables to make sure everything is plugged in correctly. Maybe update the BIOS to make sure it isn't a misread or something like that.

Ya the cpu is kinda warm but FAR FAR AWAY from 99-100 Celsius

I dunno dude cuz when it gets hot it lags and sh**

Updated bios, scanned. But how can I sends it back? The pump

It's pretty simple to determine a faulty pump. When you get scary temperature readings, put your hand near the radiator on the H60. If you don't feel heat, send it back in.

maybe you have bad psu, i had one which i replaced later and most of my problems got solved.

I have a FUC**** cooler master 80 something bronze 750 watt high end PSU

I'm not angry (just so u know).

Yea but HOW can I know if DA PUMP is bad?

Can you feel heat on the blower end of the radiator? If not, there you go. Also, take the side off your case and put your head near the block to make sure it's making noise.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

It's pretty simple to determine a faulty pump. When you get scary temperature readings, put your hand near the radiator on the H60. If you don't feel heat, send it back in.

I feel heat but like 25 degrees NOT 100

Can you feel heat on the blower end of the radiator? If not, there you go. Also, take the side off your case and put your head near the block to make sure it's making noise.

Like the back of the mobo?