Optimum time to purchase components(among other things)

aBlaze

So, I'm basically wanting to know when's the best time to get components? I'd predict after Christmas, but what do you think? Also, I've noticed that computer parts are waaaay cheaper in other countries than the UK, is it more economical to have them imported via 3rd party shipping(is this even possible)? My build came in at 740 squids but even with some of the exact same items from Canada, and also shipping fees for some of the products, it's closer to 600 quid!

So, I'm basically wanting to know when's the best time to get components? I'd predict after Christmas, but what do you think? Also, I've noticed that computer parts are waaaay cheaper in other countries than the UK, is it more economical to have them imported via 3rd party shipping? My build came in at 740 squids but even with some of the exact same items from Canada, and also shipping fees for some of the products, it's closer to 600 quid!

either black friday or right after a  lightning round went of aka nvidia and amd releasea gu and intel and amd release acpu in similar timeframes

But any time is good for a new pc

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

So, I'm basically wanting to know when's the best time to get components? I'd predict after Christmas, but what do you think? Also, I've noticed that computer parts are waaaay cheaper in other countries than the UK, is it more economical to have them imported via 3rd party shipping? My build came in at 740 squids but even with some of the exact same items from Canada, and also shipping fees for some of the products, it's closer to 600 quid!

Add import tax it wont be a squid cheaper (also I wish I could pay for components in squids).

Now is always the best time to buy. You can wait and wait for a better offer to show but in the end you will always regret not just buying and enjoying form day one.

Add import tax it wont be a squid cheaper (also I wish I could pay for components in squids).

Now is always the best time to buy. You can wait and wait for a better offer to show but in the end you will always regret not just buying and enjoying form day one.

Me too, i have squids up to my eyeballs and no way to shift them. 

Me too, i have squids up to my eyeballs and no way to shift them. 

I know right? I mean they're pretty delicious and all, but if it comes up to receiving a 980 in the mail or eating squid for 400 days I sure know what I would choose!

So, I'm basically wanting to know when's the best time to get components? I'd predict after Christmas, but what do you think? Also, I've noticed that computer parts are waaaay cheaper in other countries than the UK, is it more economical to have them imported via 3rd party shipping(is this even possible)? My build came in at 740 squids but even with some of the exact same items from Canada, and also shipping fees for some of the products, it's closer to 600 quid!

Someone else who says squids :D I mostly do it on forums because I have an american layout keyboard and I can't be bothered to go and get a pound symbol or type pounds :P

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I think we're getting a bit sidetracked with the squid thing

SQUID!!!!!

post-131000-0-71457800-1414015982.jpg