Elgato Capture Card

ThatFatMan1911

So I tried doing some research but couldn't find anything, but can the original Elgato HD Capture Card record PS4, Wii U, and a Gamecube? I don't know if it can do all three, but I read that the new card they have out now can do the PS4 and the Wii U but I don't know about the Gamecube. 

Also, when recording with a capture card, does it record the game sound as well? Does it only do so if you have a headset plugged in? If that's the case, how does it work out for a Gamecube? 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

I know for sure it can record PS4 and Wii U WITH game sound, but I really don't know about the GameCube.

On PS3 you can't record using HDMI, but have to use composite video, maybe you can look into getting CV for your GameCube.

(I know it exists for Wii, so it must exist for GC too)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yes it can,

It comes with a breakout component cable that you just hook up the A/V from the console to.

They have a new one as well that does 60 FPS if that interests you.

---------------------

Just hook the standard video(yellow) up to the breakout cable for video (the lone red one)

Then the audio(red/white) to the double connector and you're good.

06276108-photo-elgato-6.jpg

Yes it can,

It comes with a breakout component cable that you just hook up the A/V from the console to.

They have a new one as well that does 60 FPS if that interests you.

But does it record the sound on the Gamecube as well?

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

But does it record the sound on the Gamecube as well?

It will do sound no problem...

In the picture I looked up though it has no composite video connector... Which if it does ship with that adapter would mean no video....

It will do sound no problem...

In the picture I looked up though it has no composite video connector... Which if it does ship with that adapter would mean no video....

Your'e confusing me...what I'm understanding is that it can do Gamecube sound, but no video? 

Also, the new one you told me about interests me, but it doesn't record Gamecube :/

The new one I think only does HDMI and the 60fps wouldn't help you for anything but the PS4.

Sorry for the confusion.

In short here is you answer:

Get the old one.

It will do everything you want.

This image shows how you will hook up the gamecube:

gchd_composite.jpg

The new one I think only does HDMI and the 60fps wouldn't help you.

Sorry for the confusion.

In short here is you answer:

Get the old one.

It will do everything you want. However to do older consoles(gamecube for example) you also need this adapter: http://help.elgato.com/customer/portal/articles/1020263-analog-video-adapter---retro-gaming-adapter-for-elgato-game-capture-hd

Ok that makes it clear now. Yeah, the new one seems irrelevant. The PS4 doesn't really have any games that go 60fps. Plus, the original capture card can already do 1080p. So your'e getting the better deal with the older one. 

I edited my post... turns out you don't need the adapter...

I am very very sorry for the confusion