14nm Broadwell-E will enter mass-production in Q1 2016

BiG StroOnZ

After talking about Skylake-S, we will now tell you about Broadwell-E.

Broadwell Broadwell-E processors will be using Intel's 14nm process, but it will not debut in 2015.

It will continue to use the LGA 2011-v3, Intel's X99 chipset, along with DDR4 memory, meaning the current X99 motherboards will be compatible Broadwell-E; which means that users can directly replace their Haswell-E processors with Broadwell-E processors.

Currently data shows, Intel will send Pre-ES's Broadwell-E processors in the second quarter of 2015, ES versions will debut in WW36, finally QS is in WW47.

As for mass production, then you will need to wait until the first quarter of 2016.

Broadwell-E will still have 8-core and 6-core processors, as well as "Extreme" and "K" series of product configurations. Features 140W TDP, remains on Intel X99 chip, so there is not much difference.

21erl75.jpg

Source: http://chinese.vr-zone.com/131468/intel-14nm-broadwell-e-will-mass-production-at-2016-first-quater-10212014/

Translated Source

Looks like it's going to be another 10% IPC increase by Intel with Haswell-E to Broadwell-E

move along nothing to see here

its just a shrink

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

good,gives more time for my current cpu to be put to use.

You have a better one than me, I'm still rocking a 2600k 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Is skylake not coming as well? 

this puts skylakeE somewhere in Q2 2017 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Ahh ok, thanks :)

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

You have a better one than me, I'm still rocking a 2600k 

well you have better multi-threaded performance,i lack that when streaming  :(

Woo! Speculations for products that are over a year away.

Broadwell first, then Skylake.

Is skylake not coming as well? 

Skylake S launches before Broadwell E according to Kirzanich and all Intel Roadmaps. Where Skylake E falls I have no clue.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

My I7 980 still isn't being put to use lol.

Linus is my fetish.

My I7 980 still isn't being put to use lol.

The only reason to upgrade beyond Westmere is virtualization tech if you run ritual machine OS.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Skylake S launches before Broadwell E according to Kirzanich and all Intel Roadmaps. Where Skylake E falls I have no clue.

Yes, Skylake will be out before Broadwell-E according to roadmaps and other available information. But as far Skylake-E probably Q2 2017 as stated by LukaP if you use the Broadwell-E expected release as evidence.

Yes, Skylake will be out before Broadwell-E according to roadmaps and other available information. But as far Skylake-E probably Q2 2017 as stated by LukaP if you use the Broadwell-E expected release as evidence.

Who knows at this point? Intel's schedule is really weird now. broadwell mobile is launching, Skylake S will launch when Broadwell K does (no Broadwell S), Skylake mobile will follow desktop for once... It's all messed up :P

intel current line up makes me worry for amd i mean i know they have plans but intel is on the ball.

Cool, I'll be waiting.  B)

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X