Which one of these wireless headsets should I buy?

Go to solution Solved by BaSkA,

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a wireless headset but I don't know which one is better...

I wonder which one of these is more comfortable and has better sound quality (Money matters, but is not the main factor, comfort&sound quality over all) :

- Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Wireless.

- Corsair Vengeance 2100.

- SteelSeries H Wireless.

- Astro A50 (gen 2).

- Logitech G930 Gaming Wireless USB 7.1

And yes, it has to be wireless.( Among other things because I need the headsets to watch movies or play games at some distance, where the wired headsets are not an option).

Thanks!! <3

I did the same research you are doing now a few months ago to buy my wireless headset. I had a $170 budget.

Logitech G930 - Known for drivers failing, mic not being the greatest and pads not being comfortable after long usage periods of time and the pads wear off. Build quality is not a plus here. $110. (got that only from reading and watching many, many reviews)

SteelSeries H (the 9H is the wired version of the H, but the H is newer) - Good build quality, really comfortable but some problems because it's a new product (connectivity, drivers and mics failing, etc). $250 (a friend of mine has it)

Astro A50 - It's comfortable, has a decent build quality and cool features such as choosing the side you want your mic, the volume/profile buttons are well located but it's $300. I have heard there are some connectivity problems but not that common. (a friend of mine has an A40 and an A50 #jealous)

SkullCandy PLYR1 - Not amazing build quality and small ear pads. Heard that it's comfortable as long as you don't have a big head or big ears. $160. (got that only from reading and watching many, many reviews).

Corsair Vengeance 2100 (H2100 is the same, different colours as far as I know. Also, they are the wireless version of the V1500/H1500) - The reason I bought it is because it's a mix between good build quality, quite comfortable for long hours, cool features and a nice software. The battery still holds about 8~9 hours of playing (using the mic), bought it on May. And it costs $90 (I paid $110).

TL;DR: I wish I had the SteelSeries H or the A50 because they look pretty awesome, have cool features (you can hide/take the mic off, etc) but are way too expensive and not worth it IMO. Therefore I got the V2100 because it's pretty cheap for how much it offers - if compared to its competitors which are all more expensive.

I will not talk about audio/sound quality because, if you really wanted good sound quality, you wouldn't be looking for a headset, even worse, a wireless one.

Surround for a headphone/headset is pretty stupid IMO so I use the Stereo 2.0 all the time with my headset because the positional audio is just as good and I don't have to worry about it whilst playing music or watching movies (surround sucks for music and most movies).

I also didn't mention working distance because this depends on how your house is, how many walls, etc. My headset still works in the kitchen and on the 1st floor of my place (my computer is on the 2nd floor). I love to cook while still being able to talk to people in Skype or whatever.

IMO Best to worse: SteelSeries H, Astro A50, Corsair Vengeance 2100/H2100, SkullCandy PLYR1, Logitech G930.

IMO Best bang for the buck to worse bang for the buck: V2100/H2100, Logitech G930, SteelSeries H, , Astro A50 and SkullCandy PLYR1.

*Just mentioned the PLYR1 because I also considered it when doing my research*

Good luck with your purchase.

I did the same research you are doing now a few months ago to buy my wireless headset. I had a $170 budget.

Logitech G930 - Known for drivers failing, mic not being the greatest and pads not being comfortable after long usage periods of time and the pads wear off. Build quality is not a plus here. $110. (got that only from reading and watching many, many reviews)

SteelSeries H (the 9H is the wired version of the H, but the H is newer) - Good build quality, really comfortable but some problems because it's a new product (connectivity, drivers and mics failing, etc). $250 (a friend of mine has it)

Astro A50 - It's comfortable, has a decent build quality and cool features such as choosing the side you want your mic, the volume/profile buttons are well located but it's $300. I have heard there are some connectivity problems but not that common. (a friend of mine has an A40 and an A50 #jealous)

SkullCandy PLYR1 - Not amazing build quality and small ear pads. Heard that it's comfortable as long as you don't have a big head or big ears. $160. (got that only from reading and watching many, many reviews).

Corsair Vengeance 2100 (H2100 is the same, different colours as far as I know. Also, they are the wireless version of the V1500/H1500) - The reason I bought it is because it's a mix between good build quality, quite comfortable for long hours, cool features and a nice software. The battery still holds about 8~9 hours of playing (using the mic), bought it on May. And it costs $90 (I paid $110).

TL;DR: I wish I had the SteelSeries H or the A50 because they look pretty awesome, have cool features (you can hide/take the mic off, etc) but are way too expensive and not worth it IMO. Therefore I got the V2100 because it's pretty cheap for how much it offers - if compared to its competitors which are all more expensive.

I will not talk about audio/sound quality because, if you really wanted good sound quality, you wouldn't be looking for a headset, even worse, a wireless one.

Surround for a headphone/headset is pretty stupid IMO so I use the Stereo 2.0 all the time with my headset because the positional audio is just as good and I don't have to worry about it whilst playing music or watching movies (surround sucks for music and most movies).

I also didn't mention working distance because this depends on how your house is, how many walls, etc. My headset still works in the kitchen and on the 1st floor of my place (my computer is on the 2nd floor). I love to cook while still being able to talk to people in Skype or whatever.

IMO Best to worse: SteelSeries H, Astro A50, Corsair Vengeance 2100/H2100, SkullCandy PLYR1, Logitech G930.

IMO Best bang for the buck to worse bang for the buck: V2100/H2100, Logitech G930, SteelSeries H, , Astro A50 and SkullCandy PLYR1.

*Just mentioned the PLYR1 because I also considered it when doing my research*

Good luck with your purchase.

Damn, Thank you for the contribution, I think the same.

I will go for the Corsair in the first place, but I'll keep considering the SteelSeries H and the Astro A50. 

Have you consider some of audio technica line-up? I believe linus had review of them

Audio Technica has wireless headphones?