Which one of these wireless headsets should I buy?

Go to solution Solved by BaSkA,

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a wireless headset but I don't know which one is better...

I wonder which one of these is more comfortable and has better sound quality (Money matters, but is not the main factor, comfort&sound quality over all) :

- Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Wireless.

- Corsair Vengeance 2100.

- SteelSeries H Wireless.

- Astro A50 (gen 2).

- Logitech G930 Gaming Wireless USB 7.1

And yes, it has to be wireless.( Among other things because I need the headsets to watch movies or play games at some distance, where the wired headsets are not an option).

Thanks!! <3

I did the same research you are doing now a few months ago to buy my wireless headset. I had a $170 budget.

Logitech G930 - Known for drivers failing, mic not being the greatest and pads not being comfortable after long usage periods of time and the pads wear off. Build quality is not a plus here. $110. (got that only from reading and watching many, many reviews)

SteelSeries H (the 9H is the wired version of the H, but the H is newer) - Good build quality, really comfortable but some problems because it's a new product (connectivity, drivers and mics failing, etc). $250 (a friend of mine has it)

Astro A50 - It's comfortable, has a decent build quality and cool features such as choosing the side you want your mic, the volume/profile buttons are well located but it's $300. I have heard there are some connectivity problems but not that common. (a friend of mine has an A40 and an A50 #jealous)

SkullCandy PLYR1 - Not amazing build quality and small ear pads. Heard that it's comfortable as long as you don't have a big head or big ears. $160. (got that only from reading and watching many, many reviews).

Corsair Vengeance 2100 (H2100 is the same, different colours as far as I know. Also, they are the wireless version of the V1500/H1500) - The reason I bought it is because it's a mix between good build quality, quite comfortable for long hours, cool features and a nice software. The battery still holds about 8~9 hours of playing (using the mic), bought it on May. And it costs $90 (I paid $110).

TL;DR: I wish I had the SteelSeries H or the A50 because they look pretty awesome, have cool features (you can hide/take the mic off, etc) but are way too expensive and not worth it IMO. Therefore I got the V2100 because it's pretty cheap for how much it offers - if compared to its competitors which are all more expensive.

I will not talk about audio/sound quality because, if you really wanted good sound quality, you wouldn't be looking for a headset, even worse, a wireless one.

Surround for a headphone/headset is pretty stupid IMO so I use the Stereo 2.0 all the time with my headset because the positional audio is just as good and I don't have to worry about it whilst playing music or watching movies (surround sucks for music and most movies).

I also didn't mention working distance because this depends on how your house is, how many walls, etc. My headset still works in the kitchen and on the 1st floor of my place (my computer is on the 2nd floor). I love to cook while still being able to talk to people in Skype or whatever.

IMO Best to worse: SteelSeries H, Astro A50, Corsair Vengeance 2100/H2100, SkullCandy PLYR1, Logitech G930.

IMO Best bang for the buck to worse bang for the buck: V2100/H2100, Logitech G930, SteelSeries H, , Astro A50 and SkullCandy PLYR1.

*Just mentioned the PLYR1 because I also considered it when doing my research*

Good luck with your purchase.

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a wireless headset but I don't know which one is better...

I wonder which one of these is more comfortable and has better sound quality (Money matters, but is not the main factor, comfort&sound quality over all) :

- Astro A50 (gen 2).

And yes, it has to be wireless.( Among other things because I need the headsets to watch movies or play games at some distance, where the wired headsets are not an option).

Thanks!! <3

- Astro A50 (gen 2).

Thanks!!

Do you absolutely need a wireless? 

9H is great, Corsair great bang for the buck

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Does it really have to be wireless?

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Do you absolutely need a wireless? 

9H is great, Corsair great bang for the buck

Yes, I already own a wired ones, but man, I hate the wire, and when I play with the laptop the wire bothers me so much. Its a whim ;P

Does it really have to be wireless?

Yep ;S

Yes, I already own a wired ones, but man, I hate the wire, and when I play with the laptop the wire bothers me so much. Its a whim ;P

Why not put the wire through underneath your shirt, like you would wearing head-hones in public? Would that bother you less or annoy you further? 

For better sound quality the wired ones will beat the wireless ones everyday. 

If you have your heart set on it 9H or Corsair wireless one. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Why not put the wire through underneath your shirt, like you would wearing head-hones in public? Would that bother you less or annoy you further? 

For better sound quality the wired ones will beat the wireless ones everyday. 

If you have your heart set on it 9H or Corsair wireless one. 

Apart of that I need the headsets to be wireless because I would like to watch movies or play games at some distance, where the wired headsets are not an option.

Apart of that I need the headsets to be wireless because I would like to watch movies or play games at some distance, where the wired headsets are not an option.

Ah ok, does it have to be anytime soon, or can you wait until after CES? and maybe get it for Feb? 

You will have more options, perhaps better options, if you can wait it out. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Ah ok, does it have to be anytime soon, or can you wait until after CES? and maybe get it for Feb? 

Ahh, thats true I'll wait until after CES, thanks u for the advice!! <3

Ahh, thats true I'll wait until after CES, thanks u for the advice!! <3

:D

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

But until now which one you think that would be the best option?

But until now which one you think that would be the best option?

Before I got my audio-technica headphones with a mod mike and a decent sound card, I was looking at the 9h Steel-series based purely on the linus review of it, I have had no experience with it. After looking at the forums I was put off wireless headsets and looked for a decent wired one.

But most of these companies are renewing their headsets, so a tonne of them will be on display at CES.

Corsair seems to be the best bang for the money, so I would get the Corsair one if you wanted it now. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Before I got my audio-technica headphones with a mod mike and a decent sound card, I was looking at the 9h Steel-series based purely on the linus review of it, I have had no experience with it. After looking at the forums I was put off wireless headsets and looked for a decent wired one.

But most of these companies are renewing their headsets, so a tonne of them will be on display at CES.

Corsair seems to be the best bang for the money, so I would get the Corsair one if you wanted it now. 

Okay! Thanks. 

Okay! Thanks. 

:D

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

- Astro A50 (gen 2).

Thanks!! <3

Do corsair still ship their headset with micro-fiber earpad? you have to replace them. I have their 1500 and I should clean them every few days

What is CES?

The International Consumer Electronics Show. 

Do corsair still ship their headset with micro-fiber earpad? you have to replace them. I have their 1500 and I should clean them every few days

I don't know If the H2100 still have micro-fiber earpad, they maybe fix that.

- Astro A50 (gen 2).

Thanks!! <3

Corsair H2100 and the 2100 are basically the same thing. I would pick the Logitech one over those two anyway since there have been a lot of problems with the Corsair ones. Astro A50 and Steelseries H are in a different league than the other ones mentioned. I think the Astro A50 is the most superior but it is up to you if you want to shell out the extra cash for it.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Corsair H2100 and the 2100 are basically the same thing. I would pick the Logitech one over those two anyway since there have been a lot of problems with the Corsair ones. Astro A50 and Steelseries H are in a different league than the other ones mentioned. I think the Astro A50 is the most superior but it is up to you if you want to shell out the extra cash for it.

I have no problem to spend this money If the headset are worth.

I would go for the A50 then.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Have you consider some of audio technica line-up? I believe linus had review of them

- Astro A50 (gen 2).

Thanks!! <3

I did the same research you are doing now a few months ago to buy my wireless headset. I had a $170 budget.

Logitech G930 - Known for drivers failing, mic not being the greatest and pads not being comfortable after long usage periods of time and the pads wear off. Build quality is not a plus here. $110. (got that only from reading and watching many, many reviews)

SteelSeries H (the 9H is the wired version of the H, but the H is newer) - Good build quality, really comfortable but some problems because it's a new product (connectivity, drivers and mics failing, etc). $250 (a friend of mine has it)

Astro A50 - It's comfortable, has a decent build quality and cool features such as choosing the side you want your mic, the volume/profile buttons are well located but it's $300. I have heard there are some connectivity problems but not that common. (a friend of mine has an A40 and an A50 #jealous)

SkullCandy PLYR1 - Not amazing build quality and small ear pads. Heard that it's comfortable as long as you don't have a big head or big ears. $160. (got that only from reading and watching many, many reviews).

Corsair Vengeance 2100 (H2100 is the same, different colours as far as I know. Also, they are the wireless version of the V1500/H1500) - The reason I bought it is because it's a mix between good build quality, quite comfortable for long hours, cool features and a nice software. The battery still holds about 8~9 hours of playing (using the mic), bought it on May. And it costs $90 (I paid $110).

TL;DR: I wish I had the SteelSeries H or the A50 because they look pretty awesome, have cool features (you can hide/take the mic off, etc) but are way too expensive and not worth it IMO. Therefore I got the V2100 because it's pretty cheap for how much it offers - if compared to its competitors which are all more expensive.

I will not talk about audio/sound quality because, if you really wanted good sound quality, you wouldn't be looking for a headset, even worse, a wireless one.

Surround for a headphone/headset is pretty stupid IMO so I use the Stereo 2.0 all the time with my headset because the positional audio is just as good and I don't have to worry about it whilst playing music or watching movies (surround sucks for music and most movies).

I also didn't mention working distance because this depends on how your house is, how many walls, etc. My headset still works in the kitchen and on the 1st floor of my place (my computer is on the 2nd floor). I love to cook while still being able to talk to people in Skype or whatever.

IMO Best to worse: SteelSeries H, Astro A50, Corsair Vengeance 2100/H2100, SkullCandy PLYR1, Logitech G930.

IMO Best bang for the buck to worse bang for the buck: V2100/H2100, Logitech G930, SteelSeries H, , Astro A50 and SkullCandy PLYR1.

*Just mentioned the PLYR1 because I also considered it when doing my research*

Good luck with your purchase.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon