Best PCI-E Sound Card for Gaming

Scottland567

My budget is around £60, was wondering if you guys could recommend anything.  I have been researching the creative Sound Blaster Audigy RX 7.1.

My headset is a roccat kave 5.1 and I am having problems with my mic, I also want better audio as I play a lot of counter strike.  I was just wondering if it would improve the mic quality aswell.

What mainboard are you running? Onboard audio is usually pretty good and not worse that a 60 pound soundcard.

If you want to improve your sound system for competitive gaming like cs, a good pair of headphones would be a better bet, or if you need an integrated mic: HyperX Cloud

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

no souund card onboard msound or dac amp

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

It won't improve anything unless your motherboard's audio is super crappy.

Your headset comes with an external sound card of some sort, so getting another sound card for your PC won't do anything.

What mainboard are you running? Onboard audio is usually pretty good and not worse that a 60 pound soundcard.

If you want to improve your sound system for competitive gaming like cs, a good pair of headphones would be a better bet, or if you need an integrated mic: HyperX Cloud

My mainboard is an asus Sabertooth z87

My mainboard is an asus Sabertooth z87

you wont get an improvement out of a 60 pound soundcard compared what you are running on board already.

So the headphones are the component worth investing into.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Don't bother getting a soundcard. Invest in a decent pair of headphones indeed.

I have been researching a new pair of headphones, the HyperX clouds look nice, but I'm not sure if I trust the build quality.

I have been researching a new pair of headphones, the HyperX clouds look nice, but I'm not sure if I trust the build quality.

The clouds are nice, are you really limited to headsets? Headphones would do much better

The clouds are nice, are you really limited to headsets? Headphones would do much better

I could use a mod mic on some audio technicas or something, but it would go a bit over my budget

Try to pick up some beyerdynamic dt990 pro's on sale or @massdrop.

old system dead ... new one soon