Monitor User Input Continually Triggered

I have had a samsung 2233SW for about 4-5 years now, and over the last month or so the certain user input buttons (auto adjust & menu) have been triggered spontaneously more and more. Its gotten to the point where I can hardly do anything productive on the screen as the stuff gets in the way.

While I like to think that smashing the top of it with my fist helps (or at the very least has made me feel better), it is in fact doing nothing. Occasionally mashing all the buttons helps, but I think its about time that either I look for a long term solution or get a new monitor (1440p here I come?). Anyone have experience with similar issues? The only inlking of what could possibly be going wrong is that there is dust inside the enclosure that is shorting out certain circuits.

im thinking the buttons are sticking, possibly dirt or dust. are you able to try the monitor with another computer just to make sure? if so, give that a shot and see what happens

EDIT: you can also try uninstalling the monitor driver as well as the software that comes with that monitor (natural color, magictune and multiscreen). you can also try locking the osd and see if that helps (hold down the menu button for 5 second)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

im thinking the buttons are sticking, possibly dirt or dust. are you able to try the monitor with another computer just to make sure? if so, give that a shot and see what happens

EDIT: you can also try uninstalling the monitor driver as well as the software that comes with that monitor (natural color, magictune and multiscreen). you can also try locking the osd and see if that helps (hold down the menu button for 5 second)

Its not a software issue, its not a problem with the video being shown on the monitor, but with the monitor itself. I may be mistaken but I've never heard of software simulating button presses for monitors. Also the buttons aren't stuck. I fiddled with it and whats happening is that the last button or 2 that was pressed it repeats the execution. But this is off and on sporadicilaly. 

Its not a software issue, its not a problem with the video being shown on the monitor, but with the monitor itself. I may be mistaken but I've never heard of software simulating button presses for monitors. Also the buttons aren't stuck. I fiddled with it and whats happening is that the last button or 2 that was pressed it repeats the execution. But this is off and on sporadicilaly. 

the software allows you to change some of the settings within the osd, so its a possibility.  try locking it and see if that works, if not its time to buy a new monitor unless you want to completely disable it completely, which would involve disaselmbling your monitor completely and unplugged the control chip.

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

the software allows you to change some of the settings within the osd, so its a possibility.  try locking it and see if that works, if not its time to buy a new monitor unless you want to completely disable it completely, which would involve disaselmbling your monitor completely and unplugged the control chip.

I've tried it with another computer and it happens with it as well. I also opened up the buttonside of the monitor panel and there is a circuit right there as apposed to a simple contact switch. I would have taken it apart further but I don't have the proper tools to do it in a way Iknow I won't damage it. Guess its time to look into getting a new monitor.

Although, could you clarify what you meant by locking it?

Although, could you clarify what you meant by locking it?

if you hold the menu button for 5 seconds. it should lock it, preventing any settings from being changed(unless you unlock it). this may prevent it from popping up by itself as well

|Specs in profile|

I've had the same exact problem with my HP w2207h monitor, only it started happening approximately 43 seconds after it was out of warranty. After sitting in a closet for a couple years, I pulled it out and this is how I "fixed" it:

I had to pry off the front bezel and unplug the connector that goes to the OSD buttons. It works perfectly now, and I haven't seen any need for the now disconnected monitor menu functions. Most, if not all, of your monitor settings can be adjusted with your GPU control panel. Obviously, your case will be different, but it's worth a shot. I never had any luck with the OSD/menu lockout.