Gigabyte GTX 760 differences?

Go to solution Solved by Silver Knight,

@Lunanix - Follow your topics and quote other members whose help you want :D

I'm not too sure about it myself, but:

OC - Overclocked 

WF2/3 - Using Gigabyte's windforce cooler

And revisions are "2nd" editions of same cards with some defects fixed (ie. cooler's copper pipe not making contact...) 

I'd personally go with WF3 :D

EDIT: This card :D

Hi guys,

Looking at getting myself a Gigabyte GTX 760 but after looking on the Gigabyte website I noticed there are multiple versions of the same card.

Here's a link to the site I'm looking at: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/list.aspx?s=43&p=52&v=1#1%3B52%2C53%4053%4053%2C54%7C1%2C8%401%402%2C244 , Hopefully this has filtered it, but as you can see there are 9 different versions of the card.

I understand that there are two different versions for RAM sizes, the 4GB and the 2GB and I am only looking at the 2GB version so the 4GB can be excluded.

Can anyone explain the difference between the cards OR tell me which card is the best.

As far as I can tell in the naming scheme there is the OC (which I assuming is over clocked), WF3 and 2 (No idea what this is) and Revision 1 and 2 which I am assuming 2 is better.

Thanks for your help in advance!

:)

Jack

I think you should get the rev.2.0 of the 2GB model. This means that the card is newer and the vbios is newer than rev.1.0}

Edit: GV-N760OC-2GD (rev. 2.0)

@Lunanix - Follow your topics and quote other members whose help you want :D

I'm not too sure about it myself, but:

OC - Overclocked 

WF2/3 - Using Gigabyte's windforce cooler

And revisions are "2nd" editions of same cards with some defects fixed (ie. cooler's copper pipe not making contact...) 

I'd personally go with WF3 :D

EDIT: This card :D

Hi guys,

Looking at getting myself a Gigabyte GTX 760 but after looking on the Gigabyte website I noticed there are multiple versions of the same card.

Here's a link to the site I'm looking at: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/list.aspx?s=43&p=52&v=1#1%3B52%2C53%4053%4053%2C54%7C1%2C8%401%402%2C244 , Hopefully this has filtered it, but as you can see there are 9 different versions of the card.

I understand that there are two different versions for RAM sizes, the 4GB and the 2GB and I am only looking at the 2GB version so the 4GB can be excluded.

Can anyone explain the difference between the cards OR tell me which card is the best.

As far as I can tell in the naming scheme there is the OC (which I assuming is over clocked), WF3 and 2 (No idea what this is) and Revision 1 and 2 which I am assuming 2 is better.

Thanks for your help in advance!

:)

Jack

more ram will play better at higher resolution, but if you're planning on buying th 4gb just don't ... R280x has 3gb and perform better than 760 2/4gb and is also cheaper, with the price of a 760 4gb you buy R290.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Thanks guys, pretty muchs sums it up quite nicely.

Should have expected the WF to stand for WindForce! xD

So now I guess my choice is between the OC or the WF3 -  after reading the descriptions it looks like the OC card (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4663#ov) actually has the WF3 cooler on it anyway? Is this right or am I missing something here?

Thanks again for the great replies!

more ram will play better at higher resolution, but if you're planning on buying th 4gb just don't ... R280x has 3gb and perform better than 760 2/4gb and is also cheaper, with the price of a 760 4gb you buy R290.

I am only really looking at the 2GB card, anything higher is out of my budget. The 2GB is right price I want to spend.

I am only really looking at the 2GB card, anything higher is out of my budget. The 2GB is right price I want to spend.

Like @typographie said, why don't you look at R9 280 O.o

Also, could you tell us where're you from and from where're you buying, so we could recommend you a great card :D

at the same price r280x is way better. r9 280x is even better than gtx 770

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Like @typographie said, why don't you look at R9 280 O.o

Also, could you tell us where're you from and from where're you buying, so we could recommend you a great card :D

I'm from the UK and probably buying from Overlockers, Amazon or Ebuyer depending on who is cheaper when I buy it

at the same price r280x is way better. r9 280x is even better than gtx 770

Where I am the 280x is a little bit (by like 20 pound) more than the 760 but I am pretty set on a 760 if I'm honest. I have thought about getting  a 770 but it is over the £200 mark and I don't really have all that much money and I am probably going to wait a month or two till it comes down or I find a deal or something. Thank you for the suggestion though.

I'm from the UK and probably buying from Overlockers, Amazon or Ebuyer depending on who is cheaper when I buy it

Where I am the 280x is a little bit (by like 20 pound) more than the 760 but I am pretty set on a 760 if I'm honest. I have thought about getting  a 770 but it is over the £200 mark and I don't really have all that much money and I am probably going to wait a month or two till it comes down or I find a deal or something. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Well, too bad, but probably nVidia offers some stuff (like shadowplay) that you need :) Also, if you're not in a hurry, nVidia should release 960 in the coming month/s, so you can wait for that :)

But, please for the love of <insert deity name here> overclock that card when you buy it, especially if you get nVidia 9XX card which is/will probably be Maxwell, and should OC very favorably :D

Well, too bad, but probably nVidia offers some stuff (like shadowplay) that you need :) Also, if you're not in a hurry, nVidia should release 960 in the coming month/s, so you can wait for that :)

But, please for the love of <insert deity name here> overclock that card when you buy it, especially if you get nVidia 9XX card which is/will probably be Maxwell, and should OC very favorably :D

Yeah partially the the reason I want to try some of the features such as Shadow Play and PhysX (even though the latter isn't a seller much anymore from what I'v heard, but Mirror's Edge, one of my favorite games apparently looks amazing with it).

I may wait for the 960, my only issue is it will probably be quite expensive, considering 970 is nearing £350 whereas the 770 is 220 :P. Although if its around 200ish I will definitely consider it.

Overclocking I am very new with, so might hold back a little as I'm still working on the processor overclocking, but I might get around to it if my PSU doesn't explode from over powering it. It's only a 550w :P

550w is more than enough BUT

it depends what psu it is 

HAF-x,  silverstone op1000, 4670k 1.28v 4.3ghz,  gigabyte g1 sniper z87,  gskill ares 1866 2x4gb,  EVGA gtx 970 FTW 1518/7800, ocz vertex 4 128gb, seagate SSHD 2Tb

lol what? just because is AMD and not nvidia?! omfg lol. u give up on more performance and less money just because is not nvidia?! rly?! RLY? let me lol pls

But is ok.

550w is more than enough BUT

it depends what psu it is

I have quite a nice one, a bitfenix fury gold.

lol what? just because is AMD and not nvidia?! omfg lol. u give up on more performance and less money just because is not nvidia?! rly?! RLY? let me lol pls

Pretty immature response imo, but if you must know I am a pc technician myself and I like to test different PC components. I already have a an AMD card sitting in my current machine (xfx 7970 oc edition) and I haven't used nvidea or any of there technologies since the gt something 240... A really really old card.

It's all in the name of knowledge!

I have quite a nice one, a bitfenix fury gold.

Pretty immature response imo, but if you must know I am a pc technician myself and I like to test different PC components. I already have a an AMD card sitting in my current machine (xfx 7970 oc edition) and I haven't used nvidea or any of there technologies since the gt something 240... A really really old card.

It's all in the name of knowledge!

So this is what "pc technician" do this days?! Wasting money?! pfft~ nvm.

But is ok.