Logitech G910 Romer G switches

Hi,

So I was looking around at keyboards about a month ago and found the G910 Orion Spark. In its specs it shows the Romer G switches and that looks like it will be a strong spring, I'm hoping it won't effect the keyboard and I hope Linus does a video on the keyboard. What do you guys think about the Romer G switches?

Current Laptop ( I don't have a PC (Yet))

What do I think?

I think everyone has their panties in a twist over something that has two functions:

Register as on

Register as off

Seriously, you've got switches all over your house, it's nothing that impressive. Sure, the feeling might be a little different, but it's not exactly revolutionary, since you can't re-invent a switch in the same way you can't re-invent a wheel

Hate to burst peoples bubbles, but I'm getting a little tired of switch discussion. I'm more interested in there actually being competition to Cherry MX than I am the switch itself. More variety isn't a bad thing. Omron entering the market is kinda cool, I'm interested to see who else will enter. I can think of at least 3 other companies who've been making switches for gaming peripherals for a little while now, we'll see what happens. I don't buy into the whole, Cherry MX or nothing argument.

I actually tried some Kailh Browns today and this crazy thing happened, they felt pretty good, and consistent across the whole keyboard. The thing I've found interesting whenever Kailh is mentioned, is this:

"Eerrrrggghhh, der jus sum cheap cherry clone, herr herr german precision"

Which is even more hilarious when people turn around and recommend a Ducky keyboard, made in Taiwan

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Hi,

So I was looking around at keyboards about a month ago and found the G910 Orion Spark. In its specs it shows the Romer G switches and that looks like it will be a strong spring, I'm hoping it won't effect the keyboard and I hope Linus does a video on the keyboard. What do you guys think about the Romer G switches?

Strong? it promises 25% faster actuation than Cherry MX - so it should not be strong

They look promising, they are made by Omron who are not new to switches 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I think they are switches made by Omron for Logitech's G910 Orion Spark keyboard. It's pretty hard to say anything until the actual keyboard is released and I am able to try them. Could spark a new wave of switch innovation if they are any good. I just hope they actually try making something different rather than just be another way of doing something we already have.

Could spark a new wave of switch innovation if they are any good.

Again, it's a switch. It isn't exactly innovative to begin with

Strong? it promises 25% faster actuation than Cherry MX - so it should not be strong

Let's be honest, I can think of one game genre which might take advantage of that, and even then, players don't use keyboards. Even if they could use keyboard switches, I don't think they'd be fast enough

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Let's be honest, I can think of one game genre which might take advantage of that, and even then, players don't use keyboards. Even if they could use keyboard switches, I don't think they'd be fast enough

I didnt say that I cared :P just that the OP said it would have a strong spring, when they are promising easier activation

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I didnt say that I cared :P just that the OP said it would have a strong spring, when they are promising easier activation

I'm aware.

Actually some guy I know posted on Facebook the other day about buying a mechanical keyboard because he needed the faster response times or some shit.

I'm also pretty sure he bought an IPS monitor which if response times were an issue, was a terrible purchase

I'm aware.

Actually some guy I know posted on Facebook the other day about buying a mechanical keyboard because he needed the faster response times or some shit.

I'm also pretty sure he bought an IPS monitor which if response times were an issue, was a terrible purchase

It isnt all bullshit though

I genuinely do find  typing and gaming nicer on better equipment, sure I can do it on a £5 keyboard and mouse, but that is why I class myself as an enthusiast 

I genuinely do find  typing and gaming nicer on better equipment, sure I can do it on a £5 keyboard and mouse, but that is why I class myself as an enthusiast 

It's a nicer experience sure. But buying better gear won't make you a better player. Likewise, buying a keyboard for faster response times, then buying an IPS monitor, it kind of contradicts itself

It's a nicer experience sure. But buying better gear won't make you a better player. Likewise, buying a keyboard for faster response times, then buying an IPS monitor, it kind of contradicts itself

I agree that is a contradiction, but having a more accurate mouse and having a better quality display have their own merits

It wont make you a better player, but it will also not hold a good player back.

im really hoping linus gets a review sample for this keyboard. ive got the g710+ i love it. the g910 deffinately has promise and looks fantastic. itll be interesting to see how good their new switches are. ive only ever used cherry, and im sure everybody elses work just fine, but its hard to find keycaps for non cherrymx keys.  but i deffinately need to see a non-sponsered review of it before i consider buying

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

im really hoping linus gets a review sample for this keyboard. ive got the g710+ i love it. the g910 deffinately has promise and looks fantastic. itll be interesting to see how good their new switches are. ive only ever used cherry, and im sure everybody elses work just fine, but its hard to find keycaps for non cherrymx keys.  but i deffinately need to see a non-sponsered review of it before i consider buying

i believe it was in a wan show he said he will be getting a unit for review. 

i believe it was in a wan show he said he will be getting a unit for review. 

that would be awesome! i should probably completely watch the last wan show, but its was kinda boring :/ too much phone talk

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I agree that is a contradiction, but having a more accurate mouse and having a better quality display have their own merits

It wont make you a better player, but it will also not hold a good player back.

As far as mice go, I think the difference is going to be negligable for most people. A display should always match the task.

The second part of that I might agree with you, were it not for the fact that there are pro players who use some, frankly pretty shit gear

As far as mice go, I think the difference is going to be negligable for most people. A display should always match the task.

The second part of that I might agree with you, were it not for the fact that there are pro players who use some, frankly pretty shit gear

yeah they might use shit gear, but potentially they could potentially perform better,  or be more comfortable if the equiptment was better

For example my chair at work was rubbish, i used it for 5 months and it was fine, but I just spent £200 on a nice chair, do I work better? no but I enjoy sitting here now, so potentially my work ethic will imrpove, and having a mech keyboard means I am more comfortable and can type faster

Mice I think make the most difference for gaming, especially FPS/RTS where precision is speed

yeah they might use shit gear, but potentially they could potentially perform better,  or be more comfortable if the equiptment was better

For example my chair at work was rubbish, i used it for 5 months and it was fine, but I just spent £200 on a nice chair, do I work better? no but I enjoy sitting here now, so potentially my work ethic will imrpove, and having a mech keyboard means I am more comfortable and can type faster

Mice I think make the most difference for gaming, especially FPS/RTS where precision is speed

This might work better with examples. I follow a Starcraft II player who goes by the handle DongRaeGu, or DRG for short, he used to be the best Zerg in the world, and was, until recently MVPs Ace player in Proleague

In 2011, you can see his setup

And recorded earlier this year

Now, MVP is still Sponsored by Razer, so if his Blackwidow broke, one phone call and he could get another. Instead, he's using a QSenn DT-35 he would have paid for out of his own pocket, even if it were only $10 or so

So, I think in terms of how far a player can reach skill wise, gear has nothing to do with it. If you got some cheap-ass keyboard bundled with a laptop bag or something, there's no reason you couldn't reach Grandmaster league in Starcraft 2 if you worked for it

So, I think in terms of how far a player can reach skill wise, gear has nothing to do with it. If you got some cheap-ass keyboard bundled with a laptop bag or something, there's no reason you couldn't reach Grandmaster league in Starcraft 2 if you worked for it

That isnt the point I am making, maybe he is better than everyone in the world, but he could still improve with better gear

Perhaps he is SO comfortable with that keyboard and mouse he refuses to use anything else as he will have to retrain, its like giving a soldier a new gun, he will prefer his old one because he has trained longer on it and will be more comfortable

I mean I remember an episode of top gear, where a woman drove a Transit van around the Nurburgring faster than people in Porches and Ferraris... she got like fastest time of the day!!! but I bet if she was in a Ferrari she would have done even better because the van was holding her back

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very curious as to whether the Romer-G switches can be purchased?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the G910 from logitech and quite like the switches. http://goo.gl/zDNvdG

LogitechG910WideSetup.jpg