What is this "Superfriends.org"

Marvzl1357

Hey guys,

Sometimes as I'm browsing around the internet, I click a link and instead of giving me what I actually clicked on, I get diverted to a "superfriends.org/[super long alphanumeric string]". But thanks to my school firewall it gets blocked and nothing actually happens.

I can't show a screen shot because I've closed it down instantly every time, and I can't find a way to replicate this reliably.

Google searching "superfriends.org link hijacker" isn't showing anything so I really don't know what it could be.

Here's the link in case anyone was wondering what it is, chrome managed to save it for some reason.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT ACTUALLY CLICK IT

superiends.org/z/?f=rjw8vTwGqc58vTg7fHw9rjs6rTn5rjw%3D&eid=1049&hid=13765999064879565623&pid=777&ch=666&rf=http%3A%2F%2Fpuush.me%2Faccount&s=px.pluginh&r=0.46812336053699255

As you might be able to deduce, there is a puush.me somewhere in there, as I do believe that's the first place where I actually came across it, it's happened only about 5 times since about 2 weeks ago. 

Has anyone come across this before? I've run malwarebytes and nothing's come up, so I'm assuming it's not malware.

And apparently superfriends is some facebook.

If anyone can help shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

just stay away.... :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Ok, I'll give that a go

Edit: It didn't work, I can't find a program called santa#whatever-whatever, and definitely not superfriends either...

Ok, I'll give that a go

Edit: It didn't work, I can't find a program called santa#whatever-whatever, and definitely not superfriends either...

if you are using chrome/ff check to see if there are any weird extensions/add ons

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

if you are using chrome/ff check to see if there are any weird extensions/add ons

yeah, I've checked that, it was one of the first things i did :P

ripplez rly

sorry, what?

yeah, I've checked that, it was one of the first things i did :P

sorry, what?

maybe puu.sh has an ad (like superfriends?) your school doesnt like and blocks it?

maybe puu.sh has an ad (like superfriends?) your school doesnt like and blocks it?

It didn't happen only with puush but also some other things, particularly "like" buttons, it's even happened a few times on LTT, 9gag, etc. 

So, I know for sure that it isn't something to do with puush only. But I'm really worried, what if this happens outside of school, what will happen? :ph34r:

It didn't happen only with puush but also some other things, particularly "like" buttons, it's even happened a few times on LTT, 9gag, etc. 

So, I know for sure that it isn't something to do with puush only. But I'm really worried, what if this happens outside of school, what will happen? :ph34r:

then you probably have a sneeky virus O:

then you probably have a sneeky virus O:

hmm....that can't be good...

Will something like mcafee (or something free) be able to detect this sort of thing? currently I'm only running malwarebytes

hmm....that can't be good...

Will something like mcafee (or something free) be able to detect this sort of thing? currently I'm only running malwarebytes

malwarebytes is usually the best, or atleast most peoples favorite. Macafee is poop dont ever use it xD you could try avg, lots of people use that as well.

I did find this too;

http://www.neediremoveit.com/Santas-Super-Friends.html

Also check task manager and see if any weird processes are running

malwarebytes is usually the best, or atleast most peoples favorite. Macafee is poop dont ever use it xD you could try avg, lots of people use that as well.

I did find this too;

http://www.neediremoveit.com/Santas-Super-Friends.html

Also check task manager and see if any weird processes are running

Ok, thanks for the help, but it's really weird coz nothing's showing up anywhere on my computer *sighhhhhhh*

Anyways, thanks for helping me, but I've gotta give it a rest, it's nearly midnight and I've got school tomorrow...yay...

I'll try to fix it sometime in the future or just get a clean install of windows 8, which I will be needing at some point anyways, so much random junk programs that I forgot when or why I even got them :P

get adblock :P(and make sure to whitelist LTT)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

http://gyazo.com/b958d9c7b6a77fc88cb2354789a23f3e
This is what the link brings (Yes, i clicked it. Don't give me lip, son.) .
This is adware.

You need to do a full cleaning of your system.

List of tools i use at work every day:
ADWCleaner 
Adware Removal Tool
Combo Fix
Hitman Pro
Malwarebytes
Microsoft Security Essentials
Spybot Search and destroy (1.6.2... the new versions are poopy)

And if you know what you are doing, you can use Hijack This.
Hijack this shows you every single entry that COULD be malware. Please for the love of god do not click every single option it gives you, and remove them. Your system could never boot again.....

Run them in that order (most of those can be found at bleeping computers.) and please for the love of gaben don't use Hijack this if you don't know what you are doing :)

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

-lotsa info-

Wow, thanks, firstly for the list of programs and secondly for actually clicking that link... :D

I'll give adwcleaner a shot and see how it goes

Wow, thanks, firstly for the list of programs and secondly for actually clicking that link... :D

I'll give adwcleaner a shot and see how it goes

I hope everything goes well for you :) 

Let us know!

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I hope everything goes well for you :) 

Let us know!

Hmm...a lot of things have come up just from adwcleaner, but some of them I really don't know if I should delete it or not, especially the alphanumeric registry ones.

Since I can't see the name, I don't know what it is

Hmm...a lot of things have come up just from adwcleaner, but some of them I really don't know if I should delete it or not, especially the alphanumeric registry ones.

Since I can't see the name, I don't know what it is

ADWCleaner is a good tool.

If you are weary about deleting stuff with any of the tools, you can create a restore point before hand.

Most of the tools make one anyway, so you are generally safe to delete away.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

ADWCleaner is a good tool.

If you are weary about deleting stuff with any of the tools, you can create a restore point before hand.

Most of the tools make one anyway, so you are generally safe to delete away.

Ok. I went ahead and deleted most things on the list except things from programs I actually knew. I believe it tried to delete something from hotspot shield, so obviously I unchecked that. 

Anyway, my computer's up and running again, but I don't know if things are fixed since I can't "test" to see if the superfriends.org thing is gone for good, since I don't know how to trigger it.

So I'll just hold up and see how things go :D

Ok. I went ahead and deleted most things on the list except things from programs I actually knew. I believe it tried to delete something from hotspot shield, so obviously I unchecked that. 

Anyway, my computer's up and running again, but I don't know if things are fixed since I can't "test" to see if the superfriends.org thing is gone for good, since I don't know how to trigger it.

So I'll just hold up and see how things go :D

Well i'm glad it is up and running again.

I do, however, advise that you at least run Combo Fix and Hitman Pro as well, if not all the other ones.

It can be a lengthy process if you include MSE, Malwarebytes, and spybot, but it is worth it if you use this pc as a daily driver.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

Well i'm glad it is up and running again.

I do, however, advise that you at least run Combo Fix and Hitman Pro as well, if not all the other ones.

It can be a lengthy process if you include MSE, Malwarebytes, and spybot, but it is worth it if you use this pc as a daily driver.

I would if I could, but we start exams after next week and I'm kinda bogged down in unrealistic amounts of worksheets given from our teachers...

I'll surely give it a go next month when we finish and I have 3 months of commitment free goodness!

I would if I could, but we start exams after next week and I'm kinda bogged down in unrealistic amounts of worksheets given from our teachers...

I'll surely give it a go next month when we finish and I have 3 months of commitment free goodness!

Alrighty, at least you got it working for now :D

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

look for any plugins istalled on browsers also look for any suspicious program and use malware bytes

look for any plugins istalled on browsers also look for any suspicious program and use malware bytes

we got this man

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler