Suprise! Pangu releases IOS 8-8.1 Jailbreak way ahead of time. [UPDATE 7 @Saurik] 10/25

Wait you are installing an emulator how do you expect that to be simple?? use File Explorer it's simple fast and easy to use, how do you browse file on iOS??

That was maybe not the best example, but there is no reason it cant be simple >< I do use file explorer, its ok, but there are so many folders and subfolders I get lost

I dont browse files on iOS....because you cant...

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That was maybe not the best example, but there is no reason it cant be simple >< I do use file explorer, its ok, but there are so many folders and subfolders I get lost

I dont browse files on iOS....because you cant...

What is your complain please explain, why are you using a file viewer why?? and what is your emulator?? I think you fail to give me an example were android is an hot mess and not simple.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What is your complain please explain, why are you using a file viewer why?? and what is your emulator?? I think you fail to give me an example were android is an hot mess and not simple.

I just find it complicated, small example.... I hate how there is the app drawer AND the home screen, so apps are in like 2 places, just.. loads of little things that I dont like about the experiance, its a nice os for my sheild as its a toy, but I would never want it on my mobile phone

I dont like the app store as much, or adding and removing apps, blah etc etc 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I just find it complicated, small example.... I hate how there is the app drawer AND the home screen, so apps are in like 2 places, just.. loads of little things that I dont like about the experiance, its a nice os for my sheild as its a toy, but I would never want it on my mobile phone

I dont like the app store as much, or adding and removing apps, blah etc etc 

So your complaining about the start button in Android, imagine the app drawer as the start thing in windows 7 and the home screen as your home screen where you put your shortcuts, removing apps yes iOS has the advantage.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

So your complaining about the start button in Android, imagine the app drawer as the start thing in windows 7 and the home screen as your home screen where you put your shortcuts, removing apps yes iOS has the advantage.

Its just one of many things I dont like about it, I am not going to sit here and list it all, and there are many positives

but I personally wouldn't pick it as my OS of choice

Its just one of many things I dont like about it, I am not going to sit here and list it all, and there are many positives

but I personally wouldn't pick it as my OS of choice

Okay good for you, have fun with your simple OS not sarcasm actually mean it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Okay good for you, have fun with your simple OS not sarcasm actually mean it.

thanks :) I will always have android devices, there are 3 on my desk :P but my main phone is my iPhone 6 and my iPad and i love them

thanks :) I will always have android devices, there are 3 on my desk :P but my main phone is my iPhone 6 and my iPad and i love them

For me the only only reason is to buy them is to use iTunes U and iTunes and podcast.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

For me the only only reason is to buy them is to use iTunes U and iTunes and podcast.

Yeah I like iTunes I have streaming set up in my house for all my devices

I also have plex on my server and also on my iPhone, iPad etc, so anywhere in the world I can access all the photos music and movies from my server, and can all my family

eeeeEEEEEE!!!!! I'm so excited!

Can finally upgrade to a 6 or a 6+ with this jailbreak. I was worried that an iOS 8 jailbreak would take awhile just like it did with iOS7 but this is fantastic!

For those of you saying to switch over to Android if we don't want a locked-down OS. For me its the Android hardware that has held it back, not its software. Lollipop looks AMAZING!

Chinese development team, Pangu came out with a Jailbreak tool way ahead of time. This contrast with previous outlooks of a long wait. As you can see, the tool is not perfect and most likely will require a major patch or two before some of the major bugs are fixed. On a good note, this is the fastest jailbreak in history to this date.

It seems that this release currently is for developers, missing cydia and only coming with ssh. Expect an update soon.

Update - Pangu 1.0.0 disabled for bug fixes

Update 2 - Pangu 1.0.1 released

Update 3 - Saurik, Cydia updated to ios 8

So, windknown has contacted me, about a half hour ago, via e-mail. He has told me one of the issues that is keeping Substrate from working on the device, which will probably require me to build a little binary patch for dyld as part of the Substrate installation sequence. This was the worst possible day for me, as I'm traveling back to Santa Barbara today (I'm currently in Texas, having come here to give a talk at The Big Android BBQ), which means this will take me a little longer than I'd like, but clearly getting Cydia and Substrate working on iOS 8 is my highest priority. I thankfully think that I actually can start working a little on one of the Substrate issues using an iOS 7 "model" based on the information provided by windknown, which means I'll lose less time to not having all of my devices with me. (I currently have no clue why Cydia itself is not functioning, but will find out later today when I can see it myself.)

(edit: ~7:30AM PT) I've given a new version of Cydia Installer in the form of a standard jailbreak bootstrap for inclusion in a new version of their jailbreak. I've also pushed the .deb of the iOS 8 version of Cydia to apt.saurik.com for manual download, but not yet to my repository. A lot of thanks goes out to limneos, who tested the new build for me, as I was at an airport (and now am frantically typing this message while they figure out how to retract the jetbridge from the plane I'm on that is about to take off).

Awesome. My Moto X just died and I'm going to get a iPhone 5 while my sister upgrades to a 6. Looks like very thing is falling into place for me.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

It is currently suggested that non-developer users NOT jailbreak right now and wait until some bugs are fixed.

just restored to fresh ios after jailbreak so yes jailbreak works but its buggy it slowed down my iphone 5 and did some wird stuff and cydia didnt want to install have no idea why, vshare installed but it didnt let me install vshare downloaded apps, i recommand to wait for a better release and then jailbreak

.. and my name is spelled f n i ((xh) like G) a

Pushed an up update to the original post

Running jb right now with limited tweaks :)

Cydia Substrate updated

Step 1: Jailbreak

Step 2: Install OpenSSH

Step 3: SSH into device as root and then: root# cd ./Applications

Step 4: root# rm -rf Tips.app/

Step 5: root# reboot

Step 6: No more Tips.app !!! EVERYONE REJOICES

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I love you <3

Can this be done through mobile terminal?

I love you <3

Can this be done through mobile terminal?

yep! just start at the end of Step 3

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Jailbreaking opens up a lot of features, seriously too many to list... You have Google right?

Then why not just get android?

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

what does this do? :ph34r: what is tips.app?

what does this do? :ph34r: what is tips.app?

this deletes tips.app which is:iOS-8-Tips-app.jpg

Spoiler

aw thanks for info bro