Suprise! Pangu releases IOS 8-8.1 Jailbreak way ahead of time. [UPDATE 7 @Saurik] 10/25

I really don't get the point of jailbreaking an iphone. Someone explain why you need a jailbroken one? It seems like iOS is perfectly capable.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Is this tethered?

As @ShadowCaptain says, I don't feel like I'm missing anything either. I had my iPhone jailbroken through iOS 7, but now that the jailbreak is gone because of the iOS 8 update, I noticed that the features you get aren't even that great from jailbreaking. 

Then you arent doing it right :P

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pzKFqs

Undecided on GPU

I really don't get the point of jailbreaking an iphone. Someone explain why you need a jailbroken one? It seems like iOS is perfectly capable.

Jailbreaking opens up a lot of features, seriously too many to list... You have Google right?

Undecided on GPU

I have been jail breaking since blackra1n and pangu seems to be the simplest I have used but now after the many years im going to move to android.

Ahhhh, BlackRa1n and LimeRa1n, I remember sitting at my parents desktop attempting to jailbreak my phone without them noticing cause they didnt want me doing it.... those were the days :) also there were cydia and Rock "something" back in those days! 

Since then I have moved on to Android and can't really see myself going back. 

Undecided on GPU

Then you arent doing it right :P

I was doing it right. Jailbreaking is nothing special. I don't like the tweaks it has to offer

I see the point, but I don't see why they wouldn't just buy an android. From my experience, jailbroken apps are (mostly) pretty poorly written and cause issues. I haven't jailbroken an iphone since the 4 so I may be missing the point these days. 

That was my thought from the beginning once someone explained to me what jailbreaking is, why not just buy something that isn't locked down?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The last time I was into jailbreaking I pretty much found the community to be dead and the overall experience pointless.

The only good tweak that comes with jailbreak is Zephyr. I use Zephyr on my iPad mini. That's one of the reasons why I never updated to 7. It fucked Zephyr over.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

The last time I was into jailbreaking I pretty much found the community to be dead and the overall experience pointless.

The only good tweak that comes with jailbreak is Zephyr. I use Zephyr on my iPad mini. That's one of the reasons why I never updated to 7. It fucked Zephyr over.

When's the last time you've jailbreak :o

Community is huge now. You should check out the new tweaks though. Everything changed since ios 7.

You could always save shsh blobs and upgrade just see, then downgrade with the previous blobs.

cant wait to see how well the A7 SOC runs the psp emulator, ppsspp! xD I wanna play gran turismo on ma phone!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

When's the last time you've jailbreak :o

Community is huge now. You should check out the new tweaks though. Everything changed since ios 7.

You could always save shsh blobs and upgrade just see, then downgrade with the previous blobs.

downgrading is impossible now, even with blobs (except for a few iPad 2 users). That is, until a downgrade method is available for devices with A5 SOC and higher.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

downgrading is impossible now, even with blobs (except for a few iPad 2 users). That is, until a downgrade method is available for devices with A5 SOC and higher.

I see. I thought the blob restrictions only applied to devices that launched with ios 7. Also sorry for the poor grammar. I'm currently on my phone at school.

Yeah that's why I don't like android, too much faffing around customizing things, widgets etc 

I like iOS because I can just buy a phone, turn it on, sign in, and everything is there as it should be, it works, it does its job, I dont need my phone to be a complicated PC, 

I appreciate people like that, and enjoy tinkering, but I will never understand why

What my Nexus 5 does that put the SIM in, update, log in, start using, what do you mean by complicated??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Haven't seen the need to jailbreak in forever. 

My thoughts exactly, other than dicking around there is nothing that I need my phone to do, that it doenst do now

Sure maybe that person above wants to alter the frequency of his transmitter but 99% of people just want to text their friend, send photos of their genitals and play angry birds on the toilet

What my Nexus 5 does that put the SIM in, update, log in, start using, what do you mean by complicated??

Ah not exactly what I meant, I was not saying Apple is better than Android, just that even if I had an anroid phone, I would not be installing crazy mods, or roots or adding widgets or anything I just like to keep my phone clean and easy

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

My thoughts exactly, other than dicking around there is nothing that I need my phone to do, that it doenst do now

Sure maybe that person above wants to alter the frequency of his transmitter but 99% of people just want to text their friend, send photos of their genitals and play angry birds on the toilet

Ah not exactly what I meant, I was not saying Apple is better than Android, just that even if I had an anroid phone, I would not be installing crazy mods, or roots or adding widgets or anything I just like to keep my phone clean and easy

Sorry, thought you meant that Android is a complicated hot mess.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

He's stalking more about visual things. It is well known that ios is a lot more simistic than android. Things can't be plaved in any fashion, limited to 4 icons, little NFC compatibility, etc.

He's basically saying he just enjoys the simple functions of a phone. However, it might not be worth it considering the price of iDevices compared to some android devices.

He's stalking more about visual things. It is well known that ios is a lot more simistic than android. Things can't be plaved in any fashion, limited to 4 icons, little NFC compatibility, etc.

He's basically saying he just enjoys the simple functions of a phone. However, it might not be worth it considering the price of iDevices compared to some android devices.

Android Lollipop my friend

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Sorry. Mobile double post.

I think your using your the site on mobile right?? that is why you have triple posts.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I think your using your the site on mobile right?? that is why you have triple posts.

Yea. It said I needed to wait to post. Is this a bug in the forums?

Sorry, thought you meant that Android is a complicated hot mess.

It can be in certain places, for example on my nvidia shield (well when it works) installing an emulator than trying to use a shitty file browser to manage the files and stuff like on a PC

Its not that its complicated, its just a little clunky in areas... the general apps, using the phone normally is no more complicated, but I just enjoy the simplicity of iOS and would not tarnish that by jailbreaking it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yea. It said I needed to wait to post. Is this a bug in the forums?

Yes and no I guess but that means that you already posted, maybe you pressed the post button more than on time or  you resend the information

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

It can be in certain places, for example on my nvidia shield (well when it works) installing an emulator than trying to use a shitty file browser to manage the files and stuff like on a PC

Its not that its complicated, its just a little clunky in areas... the general apps, using the phone normally is no more complicated, but I just enjoy the simplicity of iOS and would not tarnish that by jailbreaking it

Wait you are installing an emulator how do you expect that to be simple?? use File Explorer it's simple fast and easy to use, how do you browse file on iOS??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ