Suprise! Pangu releases IOS 8-8.1 Jailbreak way ahead of time. [UPDATE 7 @Saurik] 10/25

Very nice. For me and a lot of people, the point of buying an apple device is to have it jailbroken.

I thought the point was for security(Or the illusion of), compatibility (locked ecosystem) and 'prestige' for those less tech inclined. Doesn't jail-breaking basically make all these moot? If you're going to jailbreak, might as well not even buy one!! :P

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

I thought the point was for security(Or the illusion of), compatibility (locked ecosystem) and 'prestige' for those less tech inclined. Doesn't jail-breaking basically make all these moot? If you're going to jailbreak, might as well not even buy one!! :P

Not really. Out of all 3+ years of using jail broken devices, I haven't had a single security issue. People know not to use shady repos and even then, how many viruses do you see for iOS in general? I personally use an iPhone because at the time I started using iDevices, android was pretty bad. Also jail breaking isn't to complicated for the less technically inclined. Depends on the persons wants and needs I guess.

What problems, its fine, there was a problem with with one update but they pulled it and released a fix

my iPhone 5 and 6 are fine

PFFFT! The LTT forums crash my iPhone's browser now that I'm on iOS 8.1. It's a daily occurrence.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

PFFFT! The LTT forums crash my iPhone's browser now that I'm on iOS 8.1. It's a daily occurrence.

Strange, maybe try restoring your phone, neither me nor any friends of family have reported any issues

the only issue I had was that for like 2 days all my photos were upside down, its fine now though ( was quite funny actually )

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Strange, maybe try restoring your phone, neither me nor any friends of family have reported any issues

the only issue I had was that for like 2 days all my photos were upside down, its fine now though ( was quite funny actually )

Did you OTA? Over the air updates tend to cause problems. I also had a similar issue on iOS 7.1.1, but everything seems to be fine after updating.

Did you OTA? Over the air updates tend to cause problems. I also had a similar issue on iOS 7.1.1, but everything seems to be fine after updating.

No I updated through Itunes

It only did it for 48 hours.. I did nothing to my phone it just sort of resolved itself, it gave me a good giggle though (untill I had to go and turn them all around)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No I updated through Itunes

It only did it for 48 hours.. I did nothing to my phone it just sort of resolved itself, it gave me a good giggle though (untill I had to go and turn them all around)

Strange. If it ever happens again, I suggest you check it out with crash reporter. However, if it's anything like the issue I had on 7, your out of luck.

Strange. If it ever happens again, I suggest you check it out with crash reporter. However, if it's anything like the issue I had on 7, your out of luck.

Well there is no issue now, everything is running fine, no complaints from me, might have just been a weird bug

I absolutely love my 6

Well, I might think about updating it then.

My Safari crashes constantly (iPad 4)

My Safari crashes constantly (iPad 4)

Never owned an iPad. Being a tablet, I don't think it's low memory or anything. I know Safari and camera crashes were an issue in ios 7.1.1, but that is all I could find out. 

Cleaned up the original post and pushed an update from the official pangu team.

We are working with @saurik to make Cydia stable asap. Also we are fixing bugs include Safari and iMessage problems. Please wait ...

I'm currently running on the jailbreak, but I sti suggest normal users don't jailbreak just yet. Bugs are present. Things like boot loops and full deletion of stock apps can happen.

Not sure if anyone is still interested, but I pushed another update to the original post.

Some bug fixes from Saurik on Cydia.

Meh I still dont get the point, I am really enjoying iOS right now as it is

You need jailbreak to play PPSSPP.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Meh I still dont get the point, I am really enjoying iOS right now as it is

If i had the choice between jailbroken iOS 4 and non-jailbroken iOS 8.1, i would choose the first.

who cares...

If i had the choice between jailbroken iOS 4 and non-jailbroken iOS 8.1, i would choose the first.

Seriously?

Seriously?

Yes. I had an iP 3 GS which was suffering with all the mods i loaded up but in the end, the mods and personalizations would make it worth it to me. And apple hasn't managed to improve iOS to the point where i would consider it a good mobile OS.

who cares...

Yes. I had an iP 3 GS which was suffering with all the mods i loaded up but in the end, the mods and personalizations would make it worth it to me. And apple hasn't managed to improve iOS to the point where i would consider it a good mobile OS.

I just dont understand peoples complaints, but each to their own