upgrading ram

Can anyone help me answer this question: can the alienware x51 desktop be user upgradable?

Of course it can.

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

Another question: how do I upgrade my CPU AND GPU? PS: Without losing my files

Another question: how do I upgrade my CPU AND GPU? PS: Without losing my files

For upgrading your cpu, you will need to remove the side cover(this is covered in the second video), then you will need to remove the CPU heatsink. Its held on by four screws and will need to be undone in a star pattern(undo the screws diagonal from each other. unscrew the screws little bits at a time.). then once that's removed, you can clean up the old thermal paste with with a paper towel(and maybe some Alchohol). Once the heatsink is removed and cleaned, you can follow this guide/video:

once the cpu is installed repeat the initial instructions in reverse order. You will need some thermal paste for the new cpu(I'm pretty sure Linus has a guide if needed).

For upgrading the GPU, follow this guide:

Upgrading ram gpu or storage is the greatest way to keep an older rig viable for current use ! Rock it. 8 or 16g should be enough for you.

Yo soy el hombre murciélago