Need good advice

Hello to all linustechtips community,

I'm in a situation in which requires people with good knowledge about cpu cooling, and what better place than this website.

I'm cooling my new i7 4790k cpu with this cooler PC S122, i know it's not a very popular cooler, but it was working very good until some days ago in which i found something odd about its performance, when the pc is idling the temperature has peaks of 60 to 65°C, that scared me a bit so i applied new thermal paste to the cpu and checked back again, left the computer idling and nothing, same problem. This leads me to think that i need to replace my cooler, i have the cpu OCed @ 4.5 GHZ 1.2v, i have plans to overclock it a little bit further, but i don't want to do it because i don't trust in my cooler anymore.

I'm on a budget, 120 US$ to be mor specific but i won't invest all money on the cooler, i have read almost the entire forum about coolers, their performance and what options are the best, i wanted an AIO cooler, something like h80i but i read that this cooler is not good for the money and the performance, so i don't know which good AIO would be a better option for me since i own THIS CASE and i can't mount a 240/280 mm radiator on top of case, i know that case isn't the best out there, so please don't flame about it.

There is yet another problem, i live in Venezuela and we have no support from corsair, thermaltake, well, any company AT ALL, and i have read that some AIO are not good because they tend to leak, dry, or break because of galvanic corrosion, so in case i buy one AIO cooler has to be leak-free at least, because if it leaks all over my PC i'm doomed. I have also read that the NOCTUAS are the best option, but the NH-D15 won't fit inside my case, and the NH-D14 has some ram compatibility issues with my pair (corsair vengeance), and if i lift one of the fans it won't fit inside my case.

So, yeah, that's pretty much it, i don't know what to do. what would be a good recommendation for me?. I want a cooler that looks good and performs very well to overclock my cpu, at least to 4.7 GHZ.

This is my entire rig, in case you need more information:

• O.S: Windows 8.1 64 Bit
  • CASE: Sentey Arvina GS-6410 PLUS
  • PSU: Corsair TX 750 v2 Enthusiast
  • CPU: i7 4790k
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified
  • MOBO: MSI z97 Gaming 7
  • STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB + Seagate Barracuda 2 TB.

I want to apologize if my english wasn't good, i live in Venezuela, we don't speak english here, i did my best.

Thanks in advance.

If it idling at 60c its something else wrong. The H100i should fit though

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181032 solid bang for buck if looking at aio coolers but if looking to stick with air cooling from the sound of your post you are very nervous http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018

I'm not nervous,NH-D14 won't work for me since my ram is Corsair Vengeance, Noctua's website says that noctua nh-d14 and my ram are not compatible.http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_gen&products_id=34&lng=en

If it idling at 60c its something else wrong. The H100i should fit though

I think the problem is the cooler, the h100i won't fit on top of case, basically because of this: http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1392/sentey-arvina-top-fans.jpg look at that image and you'll see why.

I think the problem is the cooler, the h100i won't fit on top of case, basically because of this: http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1392/sentey-arvina-top-fans.jpg look at that image and you'll see why.

You could always take on the task of drilling out holes for airflow and mounting of a 240mm rad.

That is honestly the worst case design I think I've ever seen. Offset 120mm and no perforation in between!?

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

You could always take on the task of drilling out holes for airflow and mounting of a 240mm rad.

That is honestly the worst case design I think I've ever seen. Offset 120mm and no perforation in between!?

Yeah i know, that's the worst part of the case, the rest is well designed.