realization and console vs pc graphics

shayned1997

So i got Payday 2 on PS3 today from a friend and i have played it quite a bit on pc before this. I just started up the game and my eyes are already bleeding. I never noticed how much of a difference playing on ultra vs whatever garbage consoles run on. There are so many jaggers and orrible pixelation i cant stand it. So ya i know this isnt much of a reply topic but HOLY DAMN

Console is like PC on below-minimum graphics locked at 30fps.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You're talking about 7-8 year old hardware with 512mb's of ram... The Tegra k1 is faster then the ps3 graphically. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I've had the experience many times over... Won't ever buy a console. The worst is when you have a console-only friend and you show him/her what games should look like on a reasonable computer and then they just gradually stop games altogether because they don't want to admit that console looks terrible. They've tasted the sweet fruit of REAL gaming, they can never go back!

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690K | G.Skill Ripjaw 4 GB (desperately needs upgrade) | MSI Radeon R9 290 | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD | Seagate Constellation 1 TB HDD (also needs upgrade) | NZXT Kraken X61 for CPU | NZXT Kraken X61 + G10 for GPU | Corsair M45 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | ASUS Xonar DSX | Denon AD-H2000

I've had the experience many times over... Won't ever buy a console. The worst is when you have a console-only friend and you show him/her what games should look like on a reasonable computer and then they just gradually stop games altogether because they don't want to admit that console looks terrible. They've tasted the sweet fruit of REAL gaming, they can never go back!

I only have a console for splitscreen :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

It probably holds up a lot better on PS4/Xbone. Games released on PS3 and Xbox 360 toward the end of the generation really show the age of the hardware.

ps3 is a previous generation console so No point comparing.

The new gen console games do look very Good graphically. I think What You may miss most compared to a gaming pc is the high framerates.

I haven't actually seen this in person, however, I have seen screenshots and there is quite a significant difference. But that's to be expected because PCs can be upgraded and just have so much more power to push higher detailed graphics. I used to actually think console graphics were better before I saw that comparison.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

TBH, some of the early release PS3 games look amazing. wipEout HD anyone?

But, I'd never give up my desktop for any console.

Try play that game with an 8 years old PC.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Wow how insightful and risky. You mean consoles don't look as good? You sure posted this complete non circle jerk subject in the bravest place.