NES Computer

Fattoxthegreat

Yeah, yeah, it's been done to death. But I want to do it to death a little more.

Putting a Mini ITX computer in an NES case. I've read every log the internet has to offer on this but still am unsure of a thing or two.

Looking down on the case with the front on the bottom, would it be better to mount the motherboard to the very right of the case, or the very left?

Also. none of those logs were very clear on exactly HOW the motherboard was mounted. My first plan was to just buy a cheapo case and gut the motherboard tray and cut it to size. However, one of the logs seemed to imply the plastic posts were automagically™ in the right spot.

Then, another one had a picture of what I believe was just a bolt with a nut screwed to a height appropriate for the board to rest on.

How should  I go about this?

Thanks.

I'm going to be doing a build in a PS2 slim some time

What in God's name could you possibly fit in that?

Also, thanks for the link, but I've seen that. That's the one where the "plastic posts were automagically™ in the right spot"

A quad core CPU and an r7-250. :]

The power of ribbon cables.

Fuck my nonsense.  I can figure that shit out on my own.

I'm now interested in your plan.

Those ribbon cables need to go somewhere. are you planning on putting a motherboard in there? Holy hell, I don't think there are any even small (area wise) to fit. Plus, if it's a desktop CPU, shit's gonna need a cooler. A slim PS2 is 1.1 inch thick. Prolly only 1 after accounting for thickness of the case itself. Is that just going to be jutting out of the top of the case?

I was thinking you could get something going if you gutted a NUC or used an RPi but a whole computer?

You scare me, Mansley...

Fuck my nonsense.  I can figure that shit out on my own.

I'm now interested in your plan.

Those ribbon cables need to go somewhere. are you planning on putting a motherboard in there? Holy hell, I don't think there are any even small (area wise) to fit. Plus, if it's a desktop CPU, shit's gonna need a cooler. A slim PS2 is 1.1 inch thick. Prolly only 1 after accounting for thickness of the case itself. Is that just going to be jutting out of the top of the case?

I was thinking you could get something going if you gutted a NUC or used an RPi but a whole computer?

You scare me, Mansley...

Embedded A6-1450, mpcie to Pcie ribbon cable, and then lie it all flat.

Embedded A6-1450, mpcie to Pcie ribbon cable, and then lie it all flat.

Believe it or not, AMD has faster mobile cores ATM.