A good microphone?

theam123

Hello guys.

As for today I have a HyperX Cloud Headset by Kingston, but I'm not really satisfied about the mic quality, so therefor I'm looking for a USB microphone. 

I'm living in Denmark, and I'm not willing to spend more than 120$ in Denmark (700 DKK). Prices may vary if you're looking at US sites and EU sites. If you have any suggestions I would looove to hear which suggestions you have.

Thank you for your time.

the blue yeti 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

^ that

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

the blue yeti 

Yes, It's an excellent mic and I personally got it for 100CAD. The thing is, if there's a lot of noize in your house, your mic is going to capture all of it.

the blue yeti 

Would you recommand the blue yeti over the snowball? IS it worth double the price of the snowball (as what I could find) compared to the yeti ?

Would you recommand the blue yeti over the snowball? IS it worth double the price of the snowball (as what I could find) compared to the yeti ?

depends on usage

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

depends on usage

Gaming, skype, some few video capture and a bit of streaming. 

I don't like desktop mics, so I will suggest the Zalman Clip-on Modmic on Amazon. For $7, you're getting a fantastic mic. I have the HyperX Cloud and I use the Zalman mic and it's 10000x better.

Gaming, skype, some few video capture and a bit of streaming. 

your fine with the snowball then or even the zalman clip on 

Yeah the Blue Yeti is a very good microphone, although it is a little on the larger side of things... The stand that it comes with is alright for use now and then, But if you have it on your desk it will pick up every single vibration which can get super annoying.. The shockmount for it is also a little pricey, but once you have it all set up it is a really good mic.. The audio technica at2020 is also a super good mic, and is a little easier to set up..

your fine with the snowball then or even the zalman clip on 

Thanks a lot. 

I don't like desktop mics, so I will suggest the Zalman Clip-on Modmic on Amazon. For $7, you're getting a fantastic mic. I have the HyperX Cloud and I use the Zalman mic and it's 10000x better.

So you would't recommand getting the blue snowball instead of the zalman clip-on ?

Yeah the Blue Yeti is a very good microphone, although it is a little on the larger side of things... The stand that it comes with is alright for use now and then, But if you have it on your desk it will pick up every single vibration which can get super annoying.. The shockmount for it is also a little pricey, but once you have it all set up it is a really good mic.. The audio technica at2020 is also a super good mic, and is a little easier to set up..

as for what I'm seeing right now, I'm either getting the snowball or the Audio Technica AT2020. Which would you personally recommand ?

So you would't recommand getting the blue snowball instead of the zalman clip-on ?

From how my brother's Yeti sounds compared to my $7 mic, nope, lol.

From how my brother's Yeti sounds compared to my $7 mic, nope, lol.

Haha yearh true. Well I'm willing to pay a bit more than just $7 on a mic. I want some really good quality and USB mic. So my thoughts right now is either a Blue Snowball or an audio technica at2020.

Also another question guys. A pop filter. Does it matter which one? I've decided to get a AT2020 from Audio Technica, but I can't seem to find a popfilter here in Denmark which is "assigned" to the AT2020. Does it matter which kind of popfilter I get?

It doesn't really matter what pop filter you get. They are basically the same..

Not USB, but you could easily and cheaply get a USB sound card dealio or just a sound card.

http://www.modmic.com/collections/frontpage/products/modmic-4-0

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Get a shock mount for your yeti

If it doesn't work

Good luck to you

It must be friggin noisy

And there is one solution only

Shotgun mic

Rode is known for that

Happy talking

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Avoid the zalman clip on mics they are horrible.

Antlion mod mic is good and chord ccu1 is also a really good unheard of mic

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1

Yes, It's an excellent mic and I personally got it for 100CAD. The thing is, if there's a lot of noize in your house, your mic is going to capture all of it.

I think that depends on how high or low your mic volume in windows is set to. I heard 30-50% is the sweet spot

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

I think that depends on how high or low your mic volume in windows is set to. I heard 30-50% is the sweet spot

My mic is actually at 40% but it still records most sound and if I put it lower ill have to put the mic near my mouth(I have no pop filters but a shitty sock). It's also on my desk to it record everysingle vibration my keyboard does. But the thing my computer is near the living room and the kitchen so I can't do anything about it.