Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Coil Whine

The Gigabyte GTX970 G1 has been in my system for about a week now and unfortunately, I got a card with coil whine. I has hoping it would go away on its own since I have read that for some people, it does. Also since I have a FD R4 case, I usually can't hear it playing games (FC3). But if I run benchmarks such as FurMark, the coil whine gets pretty loud and audible even with the panels closed and fans on high.

My question is:

• Should I RMA this card and get another one? (possibly risking getting a card that's even louder)
    • And if I do, what is the process for NewEgg RMA? Is it free of charge? (It's within 30 days)

• Or should I just keep it since the coil whine isn't audible with the panels closed and playing normal games?

Appreciate the help/input!

Keep it, why would you rma a GPU that only coil whines in one specific and useless app like furmark? Also having coil whine around 300-500 fps is normal, every card does that.

Lol, I appreciate the video. I suppose the main issue is that if games get more taxing in the future, the coil whine might be audible all the time. Presently, it is not audible just playing FC3/idling with the case panel closed. Just want a silent PC ~ blah blah blah 

LMAO @ that video ... Poor Linus.

At least I learned how to limit my FPS now, been looking for that to put a 143 Hz limit on my ROG Swift.

Linus is my fetish.

Coil whine only usually happens in extremely heavy GPU loads, like Furmark or just uncapping FPS in a game.  Happens at the WoW login screen and F@H for me.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Just to add on this a bit, i just got a g1 970 and it whines on heavy loads, Valley/ Metro 2033 redux are the two i tested and there was a whine on both.

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

The video simplifies a more complex problem, what a cheap way to dig at Linus.

I got it when I lock my FPS to 60fps, so the information is wrong as well.

It DOES NOT always have to do with you FPS, it can be there under heavy load, I have many video's of different GTX780ti cards suffering from the coil whine/Buzz with vsync or frame limiter on.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Schoolofmonkey/videos

No not my motherboard, PSU or any other component as this happens in multiple machines with the same cards.

I've tested this in depth (6 GTX780ti's of different bands all non reference).

I understand the electron theory behind what they think causes it, but there's more to it than that, and I've never received a proper response from any card manufacture.

I could bet if you locked your FPS to 60, cards will still whine/buzz under heavy load..