Full Body Mouse , Dynamic Chair that turns Your body into a computer mouse

Get ready for the weirdest sh*t  you've ever heard/seen in tech news

image.jpg

Click With Your Leg, Scroll With Your Hips

Yes, The above picture is the actual representation of how the actual full body mouse fuctions, Currently he's right clicking FYI.. :mellow:

Being sedentary for hours at a time, raises your chances of developing cardiovascular disease, diabetes & even cancer

Alrighty folks Back story: (no tldr , do read throught it)

About a year ago the media started loudly proclaiming that “sitting is the new smoking" , the media sorta exploded with the modern lifestyle behind ever growing online usage & the amount of time a person sits in front of a PC (#irony)

Scientist , Doctors & Experts said that  by being sedentary for hours at a time, raises your chances of developing cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and even cancer. Problem is that if you work on IT or even on a store you needed to sit down inorder to get the job done in front of a PC,This means remaining sedentary ,human hips weren’t designed to stay rooted in a chair. There’s a lot of cartilage in there that’s meant to allow walking, hence the hip rotations that let users scroll

Human hips weren’t designed to stay rooted in a chair. There’s a lot of cartilage in there that’s meant to allow walking, hence the hip rotations that let users scroll

Solution??

dynamic-chair.jpg

Introducing , Interactive Dynamic Chair

dynamic_chair_by_Govert_Flint_dezeen_468

Now surfing the web is like attending a new-age Pilates class.

Scroll around by shifting your body’s weight from side to side. Sensors in the seat detect the pressure and angle of your tush and communicate that data to three accelerometers that measure that movement on an axis, and translate it into activity on the computer’s screen. To click, kick up your right leg. Sensors will detect that motion too. For the time being, arms and hands are unencumbered, for typing, There are plenty of future possibilities there for development

Demo video:

The greatest challenge, really, would be convincing office denizens to use them                                                                                  (damn right)

Problem is that as of now the device can’t achieve the same accuracy that other motion detection software like Kinect can.

“Western society is so over-organized. I found it odd that we create tech that’s so efficient that it takes over psychical efforts, so we go to fitness centers to create the movements”

Currently the Dynamic chair is in prototype stage, but it'll be out for full on trials later this year

Now searching for p0rn online got terrifyingly amusing & 100X times funnier

Bonus:

run-you-fools.jpg

http://www.wired.com/2014/10/full-body-mouse-click-leg-scroll-hips/

What do you guys think? Great idea or Worst thing ever invented? Leave your thoughts & comments & rants down beloooowww.. B)

Details separate people.

I can imagine this with counter-strike, you would break every bone in your body in a single match.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

"Problem is that as of now the device can’t achieve the same accuracy that other motion detection software like Kinect can." well theres a problem right there, the kinect is terrible for accuracy sometimes. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

they could have tried to make it look more appealing don't u think also looks like they are going to fall out of it  :lol:

"Problem is that as of now the device can’t achieve the same accuracy that other motion detection software like Kinect can." well theres a problem right there, the kinect is terrible for accuracy sometimes. 

Probably has most to do with input lag.  Kinect may appear to be more accurate if it was less laggy.

My body is ready

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

i can finally beat people in counterstrike !

So the people that don't know karate will become the silver league, great!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

This will be far to expensive and ATP consuming in comparison to the alternatives (touch/voice/mouse/etc) to achieve widespread usage.

I think technology allows us to achieve the same work done with less effort. Now this is exactly the opposite. I'd rather sitting in front of a PC monitor calmly using keyboard and mouse than playing karate in order to open a few documents. Imagine people in the office all doing karate in their cubes......stupid.

Doing more with less, not the other way round. Please, smart dudes.

Kinect 3.0

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

I see "fun" games in the future.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Well to say the least I'm disappointed. I was expecting someone in a computer mouse costume which had sensors in it.

Cool, but I don't see this anywhere in a professional environment. I don't know. Someone had to try

sorry but that just looks really stupid.....Imagine if you were to double click, the leg is going to hurt LOL.  and how do I type on that damn thing? Do i have to hit each key with my leg every time?

Why fix something when it ain't broke?

Why try to reinvent the wheel?

Microsoft has already tried and failed with the Kinect twice...so i don't know how this will be any better.

no. just no. lol this is completely useless to me

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

And now you can't even work in an office if you're a paraplegic.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

i can finally beat people in counterstrike !

Ohhh qwertywarrior. You always were the special one  :P

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

As long as i can re-map clicking to a thrusting motion then i'll probably buy one  :lol:

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"