Triple Monitor vs. Single Monitor vs. Ultrawide Monitor Setup

Zauski

Hi all, so I've been looking into upgrading my monitor (running an old 720p one right now) along with the rest of the parts I'm upgrading. I was looking into getting an ordinary 1080p monitor, but after seeing ultrawide and triple monitor, it got me interested. Although for the same price of an ultra wide monitor, I could buy 3 1080p monitors. What  are the advantages/disadvantages?

Hi all, so I've been looking into upgrading my monitor (running an old 720p one right now) along with the rest of the parts I'm upgrading. I was looking into getting an ordinary 1080p monitor, but after seeing ultrawide and triple monitor, it got me interested. Although for the same price of an ultra wide monitor, I could buy 3 1080p monitors. What  are the advantages/disadvantages?

Jayztwocents said it best - 

it all depends on the games you play

OAS || AAS || LLS

ultra wide not worth it unless 34 inch, imo

and get 2 or 3 1080p monitors (you will never be able to use just one monitor again after this)

I bought triple wide last April/May, never going back.

This kitsune will stay a 3 tailed fox.

ultra wide not worth it unless 34 inch, imo

and get 2 or 3 1080p monitors (you will never be able to use just one monitor again after this)

Doesn't even have to be 1080p

16:3 looks flawless at 900p, and I've even dropped down to 720 to try ultra BF:H (45FPS @ medium settings 3x900p)

Well, you can adjust the viewing angles when using 3 monitors, and it might be easier to fullscreen things. The pros of a ultrawide monitor might be a single connector?

From watching JayzTwoCents' video, it's completely eliminated triple monitors from my choices. I mostly play MMO's and FPS (among other things) and I don't want the edges looking weird etc.

Ultrawide would only be 29" - I've heard this is okay?

And if I were to buy a single monitor it would definitely be 1080p. Although I'm not sure what refresh rate to go for - from what I've found out, you won't see the difference on a 60hz monitor between 60fps and 100fps because it's a 60hz monitor.

I like 4-5 monitor setups... For gaming is of course useless, but i love many monitors for productivity. For gaming i chose a single good monitor. I've never used a 21:9 monitor so i don't have an opinion about ultrawide monitors, but i probably like them.

I like 4-5 monitor setups... For gaming it of course useless, but i love many monitors for productivity. For gaming i chose a single good monitor. I've never used a 21:9 monitor so i don't have an opinion about ultrawide monitors, but i probably like them.

I'm solely going for gaming - The only things I do/plan to do on my pc is gaming, general browsing, watching films and graphic design

I'm solely going for gaming - The only things I do/plan to do on my pc is gaming, general browsing, watching films and graphic design

If i were you, i would go for an ultrawide screen if i could find any with a nice base. At browsing the wide diplay can be weird at many situations, but it's awesome for movies & gaming. Also i think i'll find it more useful for productivity and general use, but i always have more than 3 windows open, so that's just me. 

For gaming or movies there is a "wow" effect the first time you see it, so that's a big plus. (am an talking about a nice and expensive wide diplay) 

I am loving my ultrawide display. I upgraded from a 1366x768 monitor and chose ultrawide over 1440p. No regrets at all.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I'm gonna go for ultrawide, thanks guys

What model?

Nothing stopping you from having the best of both worlds.