PhotoMath , App which Solves Math Equations using your Smart Phones Camera

Winning maths test was never been easier before

Photo3-PhotoMath.jpg

MicroBlink (a text recognition technology company) Launched PhotoMath , An Application which takes snapshot of your math equation from a tex book or written down on a peice of paper (Turns out it doesn't work :/ ) & solves it for you..

The application uses your smartphone's camera to scan math equations and not only solve them, but show the steps involved , Originally, it's meant to save you time flipping through a textbook to check answers when you're doing homework or cramming for a test.

The Application is available on iOS and Windows Phone  & Android  version is delayed till early 2015

Best of all , it's free (for now)

photomath.jpg?w=1024&h=765

PS: You're welcome.. B)

Bonus:

1595.jpg

Head over to https://photomath.net/ to download for iOS or Windows Phone. Android users have to wait till 2015 :/(take that samsung fanboys)

Post your thoughts/comments & rants down below

Details separate people.

Head over to https://photomath.net/ to download for iOS or Windows Phone Android users have to wait till 2015 :/(take that samsung fanboys)

We are smart enough so we do not need this app

Anyway it is smart, I really like the idea!

Can it solve this ?

FIDcay1.png < 1

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Can it solve this ?

FIDcay1.png < 1

no because that's a proof, the answer is already given you just have to demonstrate it. 

no because that's a proof, the answer is already given you just have to demonstrate it. 

Exactly.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

but this solves equations it doesn't claim to prove them

Sometimes you're given to demonstrate different stuff.

Head over to https://photomath.net/ to download for iOS or Windows Phone. Android users have to wait till 2015 :/(take that samsung fanboys)

I don't think most andriod users need help solving linear equations, infact it takes longer to unlock your phone and use the app then it would to mentally solve the equation. Unless this solves differential equations its a waste of time.

FML. It couldn't be available this semester of school? This is my last math class I need to take...............

I don't think most andriod users need help solving linear equations, infact it takes longer to unlock your phone and use the app then it would to mentally solve the equation. Unless this solves differential equations its a waste of time.

Some of us aren't blessed to be able to solve quadratics in our heads within five seconds (this comment is only valid if said app can solve those types of equations).

if its uses something like wolfram alpha it will be able to solve all sorts

if its uses something like wolfram alpha it will be able to solve all sorts

according to your source it can only do simple linear equations, the kind of thing you can do with a calculator anyway. If it were merely an image to text translator for wolfram alpha it would be more useful yes. 

Basically, you're saying that Android users are smarter than iOS/Windows Phone users.

Okay, prepare for the storm.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

according to your source it can only do simple linear equations, the kind of thing you can do with a calculator anyway. If it were merely an image to text translator for wolfram alpha it would be more useful yes. 

if it needs an internet connection it might actually be that

Basically, you're saying that Android users are smarter than iOS/Windows Phone users.

Okay, prepare for the storm.

That was a cheap joke, but the general point that the apps is useless is however true.

Too bad you cant use cell phones during tests.....

:( :( :(

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If I remember correctly, this idea was part of an episode of TBBT. But even though it was fictional they realised that the only way the apps would be useful would be as a differential equation solver. 

If I remember correctly, this idea was part of an episode of TBBT. But even though it was fictional they realised that the only way the apps would be useful would be as a differential equation solver. 

Haha, I would have thought finding the differential in the first place would be more difficult, and therefore produce a more useful app... Considering some of the things you have to apply sometimes, like chain rule and quotient rule. The chance for some people (like me) to make simple mistakes when doing the more complex processes is much higher. Having a program that could do that would be much handier :)

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Watch it solve a Millennium problem.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Dangit wanted it for android for calc 2

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

And now downloading... I want to just see how well it works. ;)

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.