Is my 4790k too hot?

I just got a 4790k, and I've installed the stock cooler since I have no interest in overclocking. My processor idles in the low thirties celsius. While playing "low harware intensity" games like World of Warcraft the temperatures hover around 50-60 degrees, and while playing "high intensity" games (I've tested Arma 3 and Battlefield 4), the processor gets up to around 70-80, and thus far I've seen a max of 82. For reference I live in Texas, and my computer is set up in the hottest room in the house. As a result, ambient temperatures aren't particularly in my favor.

Is hitting 80-ish degrees and being there for an extended play session going to lower processor lifespan? I believe the "danger zone" for a 4790k is like 95-100 degrees, so in the short term it shouldn't matter. Should I look into getting a liquid cooler, and if so, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read/respond to my topic.

80 is fine though it is higher than usual. Are you sure you removed the plastic from the cooler? :D

Btw. Why buy a 4790K anyways if you don't overclock?

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Those temps are fine... It definitely won't lower lifespan in a relevant timeframe (meaning it will live longer than you'd probably wanna use it anyways)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

80 is fine though it is higher than usual. Are you sure you removed the plastic from the cooler? :D

yeea maybe a xeon would be in order

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

It is on the toastier side, so I would want to get an aftermarket cooler on that thing ASAP.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It's fine so long as you don't put an artificial load on it like Prime95. I'm betting that it's max temp is hotter than a gaming load. If it were me and I did tasks more strenuous than BF4, I'd get better cooling. However if that's your most strenuous task, 80°C is fine for the most part.

You really don't need liquid cooling as a standard tower cooler should be fine like the CM 212 Evo, however the H100i should be great if your case supports it and you've go the cash to waste. IMO watercooling is overkill, but it's your money.

i'm sorry but you bye a devils cpu designed for over clocking and your not over clocking....

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

85C and below is safe for 24/7 use.

You might want to either underclock the processor, or look into an aftermarket CPU Cooler.

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is only $25-$35 and it will drop your temperatures by a lot, while also giving you a more quiet system.

The 212 EVO will also allow you to overclock, which you should look into since you spent all that money on an unlocked i7.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Temps are fine, but if you aren't overclocking you may as well have gotten a cheaper 4790

Part of the Q6600 club

Well I also have a 4790K and at the moment I am not overclocking it too... But I wanted to keep this option open for me for the future so maybe turaven thought the same about it!
But back to topic if I were you, I would definitely use another cooler, my processor had not been above 50°C yet, even when playing for example BF4.
I have the Thermalright AXP-100 muscle, which is just slightly bigger than the stock cooler and was about 30 bucks I think. 
But with the situation you described I think you should maybe get an even better aftermarket cooler to tame you temps ;)

Same that everybody told you. Not damaging temperature, but should be a good idea to make it a bit lower.

Go to a cooler Master hyper tx3,which is about 15 dollars. I used to have this before buying h110, and had a very good temps. Also take care about your cable management and you airflow, to make it even more useful.

Learning from Spain, don't be rude if I can't understand everything you write down to me O_o'

The 4790K is clocked at 4GHz base and 4.4GHz boost which it will hit quite often. I believe this is 400MHz higher than the non-k version. So it's perfectly okay not to OC it, since it's at a reasonably high speed already. Also, 80 degrees on stock cooler in Texas at 4.4GHz is to be expected, but not really harmful. Get 20-30 dollar cooler if you're not comfortable with it, just please look at other options than the hyper 212, there might be better ones out there.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

All the plastic is removed and I redid the thermal paste just to be sure I didn't flub it up. Like the other guy said, the K version of the 4790 has a higher stock clock rate. I also may want to overclock it in a couple years to squeeze some more performance out of it before upgrading.