Registry Issue

baesian

recently i have been told by the Microsoft that i have corruptions in my registry. i have been told that you could repair the registry by inserting the windows disk and click repair. if so does that wipe everything of your laptop because i have allot work on my laptop. the disk i only have is the one from Samsung that says system recovery media.  

im pretty sure repair doesn't factory reset, there is a seperate option

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

repair option should not wipe anything. why do they think you have a registry issue though?

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

should i use the windows disk to repair or should i boot into repair

they never said anything

what makes you think you have a registry issue?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

what makes you think you have a registry issue?

This^ Also, if it's a registry issue why not use CCleaner and fix it?

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

This^ Also, if it's a registry issue why not use CCleaner and fix it?

CCleaner doesn't really fix major registry issues. it just cleans up broken paths that come from un/installing and moving stuff around. the registry can actually break and completely fuck shit up, but its not common and i very much doubt thats OPs problem. but with almost no information about the issue given who knows whats actually wrong.

|Specs in profile|

CCleaner doesn't really fix major registry issues. it just cleans up broken paths that come from un/installing and moving stuff around. the registry can actually break and completely fuck shit up, but its not common and i very much doubt thats OPs problem. but with almost no information about the issue given who knows whats actually wrong.

Ahh, that makes sense.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

well according to the technician guy the corrupted registry had no name 

well according to the technician guy the corrupted registry had no name 

honestly that sounds like the tech has no idea what he's talking about.

can we get more information on why you had to take it to a tech in the first place? we might be able to figure out whats actually going on.

|Specs in profile|

Microsoft does not call you and tell you that you have problems.
They do not know what is wrong with your PC, and frankly, they don't give a shit what is wrong with your PC.

Time for a full Virus removal.

List of tools i use at work every day:
ADWCleaner 
Adware Removal Tool
Combo Fix
Hitman Pro
Malwarebytes
Microsoft Security Essentials
Spybot Search and destroy (1.6.2... the new versions are poopy)

And if you know what you are doing, you can use Hijack This.
Hijack this shows you every single entry that COULD be malware. Please for the love of god do not click every single option it gives you, and remove them. Your system could never boot again.....

Run them in that order (most of those can be found at bleeping computers.) and please for the love of gaben don't use Hijack this if you don't know what you are doing :)

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

does it fix the registry though

there is nothing wrong with your registry.

It is a scam. A sham. A fake.

But yes, it will fix whatever registry problems you may have.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

Microsoft does not call you and tell you that you have problems.

They do not know what is wrong with your PC, and frankly, they don't give a shit what is wrong with your PC.

Time for a full Virus removal.

List of tools i use at work every day:
ADWCleaner 
Adware Removal Tool
Combo Fix
Hitman Pro
Malwarebytes
Microsoft Security Essentials
Spybot Search and destroy (1.6.2... the new versions are poopy)

And if you know what you are doing, you can use Hijack This.
Hijack this shows you every single entry that COULD be malware. Please for the love of god do not click every single option it gives you, and remove them. Your system could never boot again.....

Run them in that order (most of those can be found at bleeping computers.) and please for the love of gaben don't use Hijack this if you don't know what you are doing :)

This^ The only people who call me saying my computer is broken are foreign scammers who I tell, "I don't even own a computer." Then hang up.

PC Specs: 

This^ The only people who call me saying my computer is broken are foreign scammers who I tell, "I don't even own a computer." Then hang up.

i have only once been called by them.

Until a few weeks ago, i felt a bit left out D:

But then i moved in with some people who actually ~owned~ a landline, and i got a call right away.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

Microsoft no offers help by remote access your latop the scans show that my registry is fucked up

Microsoft only gives support if you either have a support Aggreement which you have paid extra for, 

Or you are part of Microsoft Premier which again is a corp thing which yes you pay for! 

Nobody from Microsoft said your Registry is broken without giving you guided instruction how to solve the issue. 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

Microsoft no offers help by remote access your latop the scans show that my registry is fucked up

Let me say this again.

It was a fake caller from microsoft.

Microsoft will NEVER call you. They couldn't care less if your pc is broken, they already got their money from you.

If you let someone onto your pc, you need to follow the steps i showed you. Even if you didn't, you need to clean it.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

You got fooled. Scammed.

A few friends and I have received similar calls from people say they are from Microsoft, and they detected and issues with your Windows PC. They can only help you if you give them remote access to your PC. They need to charge you $$$ to fix your PC, but you need to transfer money first.

You need to check your PC for bugs / viruses NOW!!

People need stop falling into these stupid traps.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>