crossfire 270x

xyr

Hello i got an Vapor-x r9 270x 2gb OC in my current pc and im thinking of getting a Sapphire radeon r9 270x 2gb toxic and use crossfire, but they are different sizes.

Vapor-x: 264(L)X103(W)X3mm5(H) mm.

Toxic: 308(L)X113(W)X41(H) mm.

Is this going to matter or should i just get another vapor-x, what do you guys think?

amd doesn't care: as long as the cards are the same architecture you can crossfire it: you could even crossfire a 270x with a 290

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

like the guy above me, AMD has a lot more give when it comes to crossfire, and you could crossfire a 270x with a 290, but micro stuttering may be an issue

so in other words, go for it! it'll be fine, i promise. diffidently. probably.                                      maybe

[see quote below if you didn't get the hint]

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

amd doesn't care: as long as the cards are the same architecture you can crossfire it: you could even crossfire a 270x with a 290

They have to be the same GPU. You can not crossfire a 270X with a 290 as they are different GPUs. You can crossfire a 270X with any other 270 or 7870.

"Rawr XD"

Hello i got an Vapor-x r9 270x 2gb OC in my current pc and im thinking of getting a Sapphire radeon r9 270x 2gb toxic and use crossfire, but they are different sizes.

It doesn't matter. As long as they are both 270X then it will work perfectly fine.

"Rawr XD"

you could crossfire a 270x with a 290, but micro studdering may be an issue

It will not work at all. Please stop spreading misleading info.

"Rawr XD"

AMD's site has a compatibility chart and they only allow the same card to be crossfired with itself like 270 with 270

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

So whats the correct info here? 2 guys telling me i can crossfire a 270x with a 290 and another one saying it wont work at all? ive read on a site that im only able to crossfire my 270x with 270x, 7870 and 7850.

as long as they are the same card, and they both fit in the case, it's fine, the only thing that will matter for you is aesthetic appeal and the temps the coolers will provide you...

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

yeah, sorry, i was wrong but still,in your case it's gonna work. 

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

Vapor-x: 264(L)X103(W)X3mm5(H) mm.

Toxic: 308(L)X113(W)X41(H) mm.

Is this going to matter or should i just get another vapor-x, what do you guys think?

Yeah man as others have pointed out as long as it's a 270x you'll be safe :)

I have a similar kind of question. I'm planning on crossfiring my sapphire 7950 with a sapphire R9 280 (they're essentially the same card, but the R9 280 is cheaper). My question is would I have to download drivers for the 7950 and drivers for the r9 280 or just the 7950 drivers or r9 280 drivers? 

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.0 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard. GPU: EVGA GTX 970. Ram: Crucial Ballistix Ram 8GB (2 x 4gb) @ 1600MHz CPU Cooler: H80i Water Coller | Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair CX 750m HDD: Seagate 2TB Hardrive | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB.

My PC Partpickerhttp://pcpartpicker.com/b/xPnnTW

Yeah man as others have pointed out as long as it's a 270x you'll be safe :)

I have a similar kind of question. I'm planning on crossfiring my sapphire 7950 with a sapphire R9 280 (they're essentially the same card, but the R9 280 is cheaper). My question is would I have to download drivers for the 7950 and drivers for the r9 280 or just the 7950 drivers or r9 280 drivers?

Probably should've started a new topic for that. Catalyst control Center will take care of everything

i7 4770k currently @ stock | 2x Sapphire r9 290 Tri-x in crossfire | 16 GB GSkill trident X @ 2400 Mhz | Asus z87 Sabertooth | NZXT h440 | NZXT Kraken x60 | Corsair RM1000 | BenQ XL2420TE

So whats the correct info here? 2 guys telling me i can crossfire a 270x with a 290 and another one saying it wont work at all? ive read on a site that im only able to crossfire my 270x with 270x, 7870 and 7850.

That site is correct. 270, 270X, 7850 and 7870 are the same GPU, so they can be crossfired with each other. A 270X and 290 will not crossfire due to them being completely different GPUs (Pitcairn and Hawaii)

"Rawr XD"

Probably should've started a new topic for that. Catalyst control Center will take care of everything

Thanks man :) True, my bad.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.0 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard. GPU: EVGA GTX 970. Ram: Crucial Ballistix Ram 8GB (2 x 4gb) @ 1600MHz CPU Cooler: H80i Water Coller | Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair CX 750m HDD: Seagate 2TB Hardrive | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB.

My PC Partpickerhttp://pcpartpicker.com/b/xPnnTW