One 27" 1440p or two 24" 1200p?

My PC is my workstation which I game on about 8-12 hours a week as well and I'm really thinking about

1) buying a Dell U2713 or an equivalent BenQ to replace my one U2412M which I will sell or 

2) buying another U2412M for a dual set-up since I do a lot of work at my desk.

Which one is a better option? The 27" will give me more pixels, more area on one screen and better graphics but the dual will allow me to effectively have multiple windows up at the same time. Plus when Windows 10 comes out I can have two desktops running independently (iirc so don't quote me on that).

My PC is my workstation which I game on about 8-12 hours a week as well and I'm really thinking about

1) buying a Dell U2713 or an equivalent BenQ to replace my one U2412M which I will sell or 

2) buying another U2412M for a dual set-up since I do a lot of work at my desk.

Which one is a better option? The 27" will give me more pixels, more area on one screen and better graphics but the dual will allow me to effectively have multiple windows up at the same time. Plus when Windows 10 comes out I can have two desktops running independently (iirc so don't quote me on that).

Get the 2 monitors, because it makes everything soooo much easier. I don't know how I ever coped with only 1 monitor.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Surround gaming on two monitors isn't a great experience, I think it's best with an array consisting of an odd number of displays giving you a centre monitor so you won't have bezels in the centre of your image.

For productivity and multitasking I'd say two monitors is definitely better than one. If that's important to you I think you should go that route instead.

Your decision will be of course be based on your priorities, I can't decide for you.

Bare in mind you can have multiple desktops in previous versions of windows too (not just windows 10) by using third party apps.

Surround gaming on two monitors isn't a great experience, I think it's best with an array consisting of an odd number of displays giving you a centre monitor so you won't have bezels in the centre of your image.

For productivity and multitasking I'd say two monitors is definitely better than one. If that's important to you I think you should go that route instead.

Your decision will be of course be based on your priorities, I can't decide for you.

Bare in mind you can have multiple desktops in previous versions of windows too (not just windows 10) by using third party apps.

When I load up a game, I'll use only one monitor and the other will be my instrument panel with hwmonitor, gpu-z and spotify etc. 

Which third party virtual desktops do you speak of? I am intrigued. :blink:

When I load up a game, I'll use only one monitor and the other will be my instrument panel with hwmonitor, gpu-z and spotify etc. 

Which third party virtual desktops do you speak of? I am intrigued. :blink:

I personally don't use any... so I can't recommend anything from personal experience, but you might want to have a look at these articles if you're interested...

http://lifehacker.com/5358291/five-best-virtual-desktop-managers

http://www.howtogeek.com/130650/the-best-free-programs-for-using-virtual-desktops-in-windows/