Which Z97 board for 4770k ?

Hey, just got my Z87 Asus Gryphon returned because I figured out I got a C1 chipset where as it said C2 on the box.

Now I have about 140 EUR to spend on a motherboard for my 4770k.

Should I take a Z97m Asrock OC formula or MSI Z97m Gaming ?

None of the Asus products in this price range are available on the page I am buying from.

I plan to OC but only with Air cooling (dark rock pro 2)

I would have bought the Z97 gryphon but the delivery is 2weeks+

Thanks for your help.

MSI Z97M Gaming gets my vote ;)

And it will work with the 4770k, you just to update the BIOS so dont worry when it doesnt post at the beginning ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

MSI because it looks better. Also I've got one and the OCing is pretty easy.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Thanks for the fast replies guys. I also figured I'll take the MSI cause it looks better and will probably be easier to sell in a couple of years. 

MSI Z97!

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

MSI Z97M Gaming gets my vote ;)

And it will work with the 4770k, you just to update the BIOS so dont worry when it doesnt post at the beginning ;)

it should work as it is the older platform not refresh on z87 it should work out of the box

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

The Gryphon is better then the msi and asrock together.

in terms of Vreg design.

The Msi Z97m is the worst.

The Gryphon is better then the msi and asrock together.

in terms of Vreg design.

The Msi Z97m is the worst.

Msi Z97m is a 4+0 analog, Asrock exactly the same, Gryphon is a 4 phase as well. http://cdn.overclock.net/0/07/900x900px-LL-071b2d45_1.png

Most Z87/Z97 boards are 4 phases, manufacturers are falsely advertising their VRM. Doubling the phase count isn't native, it does nothing. Highest phases you can get these days are 8 phases, anything up isn't within Intels vdr12.5 spec (yet).

Msi Z97m is a 4+0 analog, Asrock exactly the same, Gryphon is a 4 phase as well. http://cdn.overclock.net/0/07/900x900px-LL-071b2d45_1.png

Most Z87/Z97 boards are 4 phases, manufacturers are falsely advertising their VRM. Doubling the phase count isn't native, it does nothing. Highest phases you can get these days are 8 phases, anything up isn't within Intels vdr12.5 spec (yet).

hmm your right, i miss looked in the vrm list.