can i install win10 in parallel?

1832vin

can i install win10 in parallel?  i don't know the official term, so i said parallel, but i meant like when you install Ubuntu, you have a chance to install it side by side with windows, and you have an option when booting to choose between windows or ubuntu,

i want that, but when i turn on normally, i am not prompted to choose between the OS, but rather, i need to choose which partition in my LAPTOP that i would like to boot from

can i install win10 in parallel?  i don't know the official term, so i said parallel, but i meant like when you install Ubuntu, you have a chance to install it side by side with windows, and you have an option when booting to choose between windows or ubuntu,

i want that, but when i turn on normally, i am not prompted to choose between the OS, but rather, i need to choose which partition in my LAPTOP that i would like to boot from

Do you mean dual boot? If so yes. Install linux after windows or windows will delete grub or burg

Steve

If the partition you are trying to install windows 10, is formatted to the correct 'scheme' (MBR to be specific), and even then a positive answer can't be given. Windows 10 has been giving me issues on dual booting with it. But that is how you should be able to try. 

just use Oracle Virtualbox to test it out. Its much safer.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

just use Oracle Virtualbox to test it out. Its much safer.

tried that route, but doesn't work for somereason...

every time i try to install, the program crashes

tried that route, but doesn't work for somereason...

every time i try to install, the program crashes

Do you have virtualization tech turned on in your BIOS?