which 780ti for sli?

pcgod

Those are some pretty high temps, make sure you have decent airflow and if you can then try reapplying TIM. It's recommended to get another reference card for SLI, both for consistent looks and airflow dynamics

Actually those temps aren't even too bad. My 660s do about 80-84C. Completely fine.

Since they are reference and probably blower all that heat is thrown out the back.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I would say so, if you start throttling under stock clocks and default fan profile that sounds like a good enough reason to RMA. You shouldn't have to ramp up the fans to 70% to get anywhere near acceptable temps. If I turn my overclock off and keep my fan profile high my gpu won't even make it to 76C. full load. And due to there being a curve that means it's about 50% fan full load and only getting that hot.

Just tried running my monitor in its native resolution (1080p) and the temp just glide back to 38. so i think it was the ogssa causing the high idle temps. i noticed that the gpu clock was around 800mhz and the memory clock was 100% during idle at 1440p. also full load the temps never go higher than 82c. 

so i keep it?

Just tried running my monitor in its native resolution (1080p) and the temp just glide back to 38. so i think it was the ogssa causing the high idle temps. i noticed that the gpu clock was around 800mhz and the memory clock was 100% during idle at 1440p. also full load the temps never go higher than 82c. 

so i keep it?

Well I guess, I have done some ogssa myself and never incountered idle heat issues or even load heat issues. This is my fan curve, I have it overclocked up to 1215mhz currently, no overvoltage. The temp never passes 80c. In fact I don't think I have ever seen it hit 80 in a gaming load but only in benchmarks. The temps during game usually lay around 75c so 65% fan speed on a heavier load of gaming. Compare that to what you have and you have to be the one to decide. I also play my games natively at 2560x1080p for reference. 

post-39055-0-72734900-1413975602.png

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Well I guess, I have done some ogssa myself and never incountered idle heat issues or even load heat issues. This is my fan curve, I have it overclocked up to 1215mhz currently, no overvoltage. The temp never passes 80c. In fact I don't think I have ever seen it hit 80 in a gaming load but only in benchmarks. The temps during game usually lay around 75c so 65% fan speed on a heavier load of gaming. Compare that to what you have and you have to be the one to decide. I also play my games natively at 2560x1080p for reference. 

Thanks for the info, i will talk to them and will get it replaced.