which 780ti for sli?

pcgod

Hey guys, I own a Asus Gtx 780ti from last December and now i was thinking about upgrading to Sli , I have the reference design so which card do you suggest me to buy to get the most out of SLI ?

the current card has a slight overheating problem but not too much, it stays under 83 in full load, but around 60s during idle.

I looked at the DCU II but not sure if it would be perfect because it is physically bigger than the reference card.

Pour in your suggestions.

Thanks.

You should have gotten the EVGA one.

Because he had a hard drive.

Hey guys, I own a Asus Gtx 780ti from last December and now i was thinking about upgrading to Sli , I have the reference design so which card do you suggest me to buy to get the most out of SLI ?

the current card has a slight overheating problem but not too much, it stays under 83 in full load, but around 60s during idle.

Those are some pretty high temps, make sure you have decent airflow and if you can then try reapplying TIM. It's recommended to get another reference card for SLI, both for consistent looks and airflow dynamics

"Rawr XD"

if you already have refrence i would buy another reference but my second choice would be dcuii because it does blow a decent amuont of air out the back vs somthing like a windforce

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I looked at the DCU II but not sure if it would be perfect because it is physically bigger than the reference card.

Pour in your suggestions.

Thanks.

Did you not up the fan profile? They come with really low rpm fan profiles. I usually have mine to set max 70% so I can hit 1215mhz without throttling as I don't like my gpu going over 80c. But I still don't notice the noise even at 70% because it rarely ever gets that high and when it does im playing something demanding which also means I have headphones on. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

That doesn't really help much... all the reference cards are the same and you shouldn't be looking into ACX for SLI

Oh ok then.

Because he had a hard drive.

Did you not up the fan profile? They come with really low rpm fan profiles. I usually have mine to set max 70% so I can hit 1215mhz without throttling as I don't like my gpu going over 80c. But I still don't notice the noise even at 70% because it rarely ever gets that high and when it does im playing something demanding which also means I have headphones on. 

Even with the stock fan profile though 60c at idle is a lot, the highest idle I ever seen on any card is a reference RHD 6870 and that was 50c

"Rawr XD"

Even with the stock fan profile though 60c at idle is a lot, the highest idle I ever seen on any card is a reference RHD 6870 and that was 50c

Yeah my 780ti is usually sits anywhere between 36-50c at idle depending on what frequency it decides to idle at. That is pretty bad. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

That doesn't really help much... all the reference cards are the same and you shouldn't be looking into ACX for SLI

I do ACX SLI with no issues. I never exceed 72c at max load. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I do ACX SLI with no issues. I never exceed 72c at max load. 

760s don't produce anywhere near as much heat as 780 Ti's. Also non-reference SLI temps will depend a lot on how good your case airflow is.

"Rawr XD"

60c at idle? thats bad...

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

760s don't produce anywhere near as much heat as 780 Ti's. Also non-reference SLI temps will depend a lot on how good your case airflow is.

You get blower with bad airflow. And ACX with good, or blower, whatever you had first.

Most people have the open air cooler compared to the blower anyways. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

not enough VRAM i won't SLI my GTX 780.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Yes, I keep the fan at 75% all the time, i even had a thread related to this, but people said "clean with compressed air" and i did, 65 to 62 C now.

You should have gotten the EVGA one.

Very hard to find EVGA in India. Also they don't have support as good as Asus in our country. I would loved to have the SC from EVGA though.

Those are some pretty high temps, make sure you have decent airflow and if you can then try reapplying TIM. It's recommended to get another reference card for SLI, both for consistent looks and airflow dynamics

Will try that, thanks.

not enough VRAM i won't SLI my GTX 780.

My monitor is Benq XL2720T 3D. OGSSA'ed to 2560X1400. and i plan to keep this monitor until 4k monitors gets affordable. 

3GB Vram is enough for this right?

Yes, I keep the fan at 75% all the time, i even had a thread related to this, but people said "clean with compressed air" and i did, 65 to 62 C now.

Oh boy, there is absolutely something wrong with it. Has it always been like that since you got it?

Oh boy, there is absolutely something wrong with it. Has it always been like that since you got it?

No, it was around 35-38 during the first 3-4 months, only thing i tweaked was i OGSSA'ed the monitor to run at 2560X1440 . No overclocking.

Do you think this temp is a good reason to RMA?

I have a reference EVGA 780ti, and an MSI Twin Frozer that currently idle at 30-32 degrees. If you are going to mix, you might try the reference card on the bottom, and the blower card on top. This balanced my temperatures, and dropped idle by 8 degrees, and load temps by 10 degrees.

Never had any bios issues?

If you have a second monitor plugged in, it will (likely) raise the clock speed and idle temp of the card.

As for SLI, any blower design would probably be good. ACX tends to not play as well in SLI.

No, it was around 35-38 during the first 3-4 months, only thing i tweaked was i OGSSA'ed the monitor to run at 2560X1440 . No overclocking.

Do you think this temp is a good reason to RMA?

I would say so, if you start throttling under stock clocks and default fan profile that sounds like a good enough reason to RMA. You shouldn't have to ramp up the fans to 70% to get anywhere near acceptable temps. If I turn my overclock off and keep my fan profile high my gpu won't even make it to 76C. full load. And due to there being a curve that means it's about 50% fan full load and only getting that hot.