1440p rog swift 144hz tn or pb278q 1440p pls

LemonSpice

Which monitor should i buy i already have a 23 inch 1080p ips monitor and plan to play mainly fps games in free for all mode and a possibly starting counter strike i have the money for both and i have  a gtx 780 at 1254 mhz and plan on gtx 980ti or 1080 depending on performance and yes i felt a huge difference when i overclocked my 60hz display to 75hz

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Go for the ROG Swift because it has G-Sync. Although the PB278Q is IPS so if you really really care about wanting IPS then I'd get that.

Normally I'd recommend going for the IPS panel over TN but seeing as G-Sync and IPS don't mix (for now at least) then a TN panel is the only option if you want G-sync.

So yeah go for the ROG Swift. As far as TNs go it's supposed to be one of the better ones anyway.

There is no 980ti right now, you mean when and if one comes out?

i am saying when the gm200 core comes out and whatever the card will be named

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

Go for the ROG Swift because it has G-Sync. Although the PB278Q is IPS so if you really really care about wanting IPS then I'd get that.

Normally I'd recommend going for the IPS panel over TN but seeing as G-Sync and IPS don't mix (for now at least) then a TN panel is the only option if you want G-sync.

So yeah go for the ROG Swift. As far as TNs go it's supposed to be one of the better ones anyway.

yea and i was thinking that the fact that i tend to flock small free for all maps with about 40 or more players and really use twitch reflexis it should help

@JEman99

The pb278q is one of the worst monitors you can get. If you have your mind set on gaming, get the swift.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

The pb278q is one of the worst monitors you can get. If you have your mind set on gaming, get the swift.

do you have experience with it bacause most reviews have been glowing other than pls bleed but i am fine with that

i am saying when the gm200 core comes out and whatever the card will be named

Wish it would, if it would, come out soon.

Wish it would, if it would, come out soon.

yea if it has equall cua with the 780ti and on maxwell it would be awesome and I wil stil probably wait for the first 20nm bacause 20nm plus maxwell means 100w tdp or 200w tdp epic cards

do you have experience with it bacause most reviews have been glowing other than pls bleed but i am fine with that

The asus ROG. IPS is a bit overrated and the pb278q still costs 500 dollars whereas the  asus ROG costs like 700 and has G-sync, 1440p, 144hz

The asus ROG. IPS is a bit overrated and the pb278q still costs 500 dollars whereas the  asus ROG costs like 700 and has G-sync, 1440p, 144hz

since you have the same 780 s me windforce ghz editionbutat lower clock what monitor do you have also shoudl i hit 120fps on medium to high in titanfall csgo bf4

Overshoot ghosting, pwm dimming, and sub-par colors compared to the other variants in the market. The link is down atm but I would highly suggest reading this thread once it's up, http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/15498-worst-27-monitors-2014-2560x1440-ahva-ips-pls.html

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Overshoot ghosting, pwm dimming, and sub-par colors compared to the other variants in the market. The link is down atm but I would highly suggest reading this thread once it's up, http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/15498-worst-27-monitors-2014-2560x1440-ahva-ips-pls.html

shouldi just geta 1080p 144hz for 250 then

shouldi just geta 1080p 144hz for 250 then

You can. Honestly though, I would just wait until the 1440p 144hz ips panels hit the market. If you don't mind being patient, you'll be happy you didn't waste $250.

since you have the same 780 s me windforce ghz editionbutat lower clock what monitor do you have also shoudl i hit 120fps on medium to high in titanfall csgo bf4

@eLucid Is it even possible to get 144Hz on an IPS panel? If it is, it won't be released anytime soon.

anyways, I don't know about the fps, and it doesn't really matter that much. You can easily reach 120fps in csgo, but I don't know bout bf4 or titanfall. G-sync is reason enough to buy the monitor imo.

You can. Honestly though, I would just wait until the 1440p 144hz ips panels hit the market. If you don't mind being patient, you'll be happy you didn't waste $250.

well they wont be ips but va and they wil have more input lag

@eLucid Is it even possible to get 144Hz on an IPS panel? If it is, it won't be released anytime soon.

anyways, I don't know about the fps, and it doesn't really matter that much. You can easily reach 120fps in csgo, but I don't know bout bf4 or titanfall. G-sync is reason enough to buy the monitor imo.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/31.htm#144hz_ips AHVA is an ips variant. It's actually better than ips since it produces better black levels. Plus, you don't have to deal with ips glow.

well they wont be ips but va and they wil have more input lag

Wrong. Ahva panels like the ones used in the bl2710pt out perform the pb278q in black levels, latency, and it's pwm dimming free. In fact, it's one of the best 1440p monitors in the market right now.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/31.htm#144hz_ips AHVA is an ips variant. It's actually better than ips since it produces better black levels. Plus, you don't have to deal with ips glow.

Wrong. Ahva panels like the ones used in the bl2710pt out perform the pb278q in black levels, latency, and it's pwm dimming free. In fact, it's one of the best 1440p monitors in the market right now.

but it will have more than tn

Get the Swift I tell ya.. no regrets ... 144Hz ... Comeon man.. 1ms response time + gsync ... even 40fps looks like 60fps ... Miss it out? 2K ..? Fuck IPS man... Just go for the Swift. Omg.. you game or you design? You don't.. really care for color if you game.. comeon. who does?

^^ MAN....!!

Anyway.. get the Swift ^^

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

There is no 980ti right now.

Or 1080. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Or 1080. :D

lololololololololol

144Hz any time... it's just too sexy.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon