Annoying Desktop Icons help..

ZeferiniX

i28wpg.png

So this is what's happening:

1. Right Click Desktop

2. Tick "Show Desktop Icons" (icons on desktop disappears)

3. Reboot

4. Desktop Icons shows up again (despite the settings).

5. Step 4 repeats everytime I reboot.

This is an ASUS X550DP(AMD A10 w/ Dual Graphics) Laptop w/ Windows 8.1, this happened after I used the "Remove everything and reinstall Windows". I believe this thing resets everything to its factory settings as described by Windows.

Can be found in:

Charms Bar -> Update and recovery -> Recovery -> Remove everything and reinstall Windows

How to fix this? I can't find the source of the problem. I remember using this feature around 6 months ago and this didn't happen.

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

I would install it completely new and fresh. Restores or reinstalls in Windows were always funky and I would never use them ^^

Well if it really doesn't save the settings you make... there is another option to have it always not show the icon...

1. Make an shortcut to disable the setting: Here is the correct guide
2. Set it to run everytime you boot up: And here is a guide to put it on startup
3. Done?

EDIT: corrected the link

PLEASE QUOTE OR TAG (WITH @) ME IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ME TO REPLY!!!!!!!

Also if your issue is solved don't forget to mark the thread as solved!
Peace!!! from a random person in the tech's god forsaken land (named Finland or as I like to call it sarcastically FUNland)