x61 or H240-X

Which one is better and why?

CPU: i7-5820k | Mobo: Asus X99-Deluxe | RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 | Storage: Samsung XP941 Series 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive; Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | GPUs: 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 | Audio: Audeze LCD​-2; Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC

I would say H240-x since it has expandability, is copper (Everybody loves copper) and uses custom grade components for a slightly more than regular AIO price. 

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Which one is better and why?

noctua nh-d15, more silence, cheaper.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

yes but out of the two i would go 240x  for exandability

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

yes but out of the two i would go 240x  for exandability

obviously, also looks more badass. so 240x is the way, make sure you have the proper case.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

obviously, also looks more badass. so 240x is the way, make sure you have the proper case.

^ I agree just check for compatibility.

I am getting an Phanteks Enthoo Luxe so it should be compatible

CPU: i7-5820k | Mobo: Asus X99-Deluxe | RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 | Storage: Samsung XP941 Series 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive; Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | GPUs: 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 | Audio: Audeze LCD​-2; Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC

The H240x can only be mounted horizontally at the top of your case. The x61 can be mounted anywhere. The 240x will get air bubbles in the loop if you move your PC because it doesnt have sealed res.

Also if you plan to 'expand' the 240x you should just buy a proper WC kit from the start instead of using the 240x for parts.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Going the water route, not air

The H240x can only be mounted horizontally at the top of your case. The x61 can be mounted anywhere. The 240x will get air bubbles in the loop if you move your PC because it doesnt have sealed res.

Also if you plan to 'expand' the 240x you should just buy a proper WC kit from the start instead of using the 240x for parts.

Didn't you say the same thing about the 220-X?

Also I plan to expand but can't fit a custom loop into my budget right now.

Didn't you say the same thing about the 220-X?

Also I plan to expand but can't fit a custom loop into my budget right now.

Yeah they are basically the same thing, just the 240x is bigger with the 280mm rad.

You can find high quality watercooling kits from EK, XSPC, or alphacool for less than $200.

I would definitely recommend a kit over an H2**x

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm sorry, but if there's a 280mm Rad kit that comes with PWM static pressure fans under $200 from EK or XSPC, I can't find them. I just got a H240 and it's silent and beautiful and really cool (4790K was 33 degrees in WoW). The only kits I can find on frozencpu that come close to that price range are 120mm rad kits. XSPC has a couple now that I'm looking at them, but I simply dont have room to put their two 5.25 inch bay reservoir in my C70 (one DVD drive and an SSD stored up there). Plus no fans come with it and even the cheap SP fans from corsair with PWM are like 30 bucks. I'm gonna disagree with you, respectfully. I think the XSPC system would probably be as good, but for $150 and a 280mm rad, fans, motor, flagship cpu block...the H240-X is a hell of a deal. The closest kit in price I can find with the same rad is this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20926/ex-wat-266/XSPC_Raystorm_750_EX280_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_New_Rev_4_Pump_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c321s1310

PC: Intel 10700K, Asus Z490-E Strix, G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz C14, Thermaltake View 71, Custom Water Cooling (EKWB Quantum, 2x 360mm SR1 Radiators, 6 Noctua NF-A12), EVGA GTX1080 ti HydroCopper, Intel 6651TB, Intel 600p 480GB, Windows 10 Pro

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33844326

I would suggest reading the manual first, it can be mounted in several orientations and the reservoir is air free out of the factory. You only introduce air if you open it for expansion. This is pretty much a proper watercooling kit as well.