Need help on my Memory!

Hi every one. I just build up an computer which an 2*8GB Ram. But my computer only use 3.6 GB. I don't know why and i need help on that. I already try all the online step. I have a Asus Maximus VII hero motherboard. and Gskill trident X series which is 16g in total, and i have windows 7 Ultimate. thanks to any one to help me solve this problem. :)  :)  :)  :)  

Did you by chance install Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit?

EDIT- @yihaozhou remember to follow your topics to see replies

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

Gosh....did you use a 64 bit version of the windows?If not use it

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Oh boy... sounds like 32 bit...

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Use 64 bit windows 7

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

What they said: 

Click start and right click on computer and select system: 

Check out the picture in the link: http://it.umn.edu/prod/groups/oit/@pub/@oitsjustjose/@web/@techprod/documents/asset/oit_asset_445352.png

Then tell use the system type, is it 32bit or 64bit? 

http://it.umn.edu/prod/groups/oit/@pub/@oitsjustjose/@web/@techprod/documents/asset/oit_asset_445349.png

It's not letting me post the pictures for some reason, but yeah tell use what's the system type. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

It's not letting me post the pictures for some reason, but yeah tell use what's the system type. 

Use this button to embed images.

76be4c6c5e.png

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

Use this button to embed images.

76be4c6c5e.png

I did that, but the particular image file I was trying to embed, did not want to embed, must be a funny link. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Thank you guys. i found out i did use the 32 bit  :(  :(  :(