LG G3 Question

ManOfDisguise

I was just wondering...this phone has beast specs and a 5.5" screen with a huge res for a phone and yet it costs 501 euros here whereas if I compare that with the other flagship phones like the Z3 that is 716 euros, even Z3 Compact is 537 euros, Galaxy S5 is 573 euros, HTC One M8 is 620 euros, etc...

Is there something I'm missing here? This phone is at least as good as the rest if not better than all of them yet its significantly cheaper. Hmmm. Makes me want to get it.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Consider a OnePlus One, even cheaper, still more or less the same features of the phones you listed.

(The LG G3 still beats the other in price, with the ~ same performance)

I believe it is made with the intention of being cheaper than the competition. I hear it's a solid phone, but the issues seem to be a bad battery life and people consider the resolution too high.

If cheap is what you want, check out the Oneplus One. It features flagship specifications like 3GB RAM and a 2.5GHz quad core processor, a lower 1080p resolution (which is still sharp for 5.5 inch), no SD-card slot (but 64GB built in is plenty) and costs 350 dollars for the 64GB version. Also a popular choice on this forum.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I was just wondering...this phone has beast specs and a 5.5" screen with a huge res for a phone and yet it costs 501 euros here whereas if I compare that with the other flagship phones like the Z3 that is 716 euros, even Z3 Compact is 537 euros, Galaxy S5 is 573 euros, HTC One M8 is 620 euros, etc...

Is there something I'm missing here? This phone is at least as good as the rest if not better than all of them yet its significantly cheaper. Hmmm. Makes me want to get it.

the 16GB G3 is heavily bogged down from the G3 in reviews which is the 32GB version. For example, it has less ram and I believe a regular 1080p display.

Also, you can get the Z3 compact which is just as good as the Z3 for 400 euros brand new: http://www.ebay.de/itm/SONY-XPERIA-Z3-COMPACT-D5803-ANDROID-SMARTPHONE-KAMERA-BLUETOOTH-LTE-WLAN-UMTS-/191383317311?pt=DE_Handy_s&hash=item2c8f55ab3f

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

the 16GB G3 is heavily bogged down from the G3 in reviews which is the 32GB version. For example, it has less ram and I believe a regular 1080p display.

Also, you can get the Z3 compact which is just as good as the Z3 for 400 euros brand new: http://www.ebay.de/itm/SONY-XPERIA-Z3-COMPACT-D5803-ANDROID-SMARTPHONE-KAMERA-BLUETOOTH-LTE-WLAN-UMTS-/191383317311?pt=DE_Handy_s&hash=item2c8f55ab3f

z3 compact is what im mainly considering. i did consider iphone 5s for small size(since phones of this side arent made anymore everythign is getting bigger) or maybe iphone 6(just wanted to switch to ios for a change) but iphone 6 is gona be like 750-800 euros here. ugh

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

z3 compact is what im mainly considering. i did consider iphone 5s for small size(since phones of this side arent made anymore everythign is getting bigger) or maybe iphone 6(just wanted to switch to ios for a change) but iphone 6 is gona be like 750-800 euros here. ugh

If it's only 450 Euros plus shipping to Slovakia as I mentioned, then it is a no brainer, go for it. It's a lot less than the 537 euros you thought it was.

PS: only that link on Ebay germany seems to work, but you can still order and get it shipped to Slovakia (use google translate to checkout). Ebay France, UK etc.. show much higher prices around 540 Euros as you mentioned

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

If it's only 450 Euros plus shipping to Slovakia as I mentioned, then it is a no brainer, go for it. It's a lot less than the 537 euros you thought it was.

PS: only that link on Ebay germany seems to work, but you can still order and get it shipped to Slovakia (use google translate to checkout). Ebay France, UK etc.. show much higher prices around 540 Euros as you mentioned

price aside is the phone good? does it have any big cons?

Specs of my PC:

I've had my G3 for a bit over a week now and can't complain at all.  I haven't had any battery life issues, though I don't use it too much during the work day, so I can't really say for sure.

I love the screen and the pictures look great.  Removable battery and expandable storage are also a big plus.