Anyone else use WASD as stupidly as I do? ;P

ManOfDisguise

for some reason I learned to use WASD by  having my:

middle finger on A(and S when I need it)

index finger on W 

thumb on D

its not bad for normale movement in shooters but if I wana get good at surf or kz in CS where strafe jumps are required and stuff like that it's really hard to do those arder things.

And the worse thing is I can't get used to the normal way of how most people use WASD anymore :/

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

for me, surfing on cs is impossible no matter how fucking good a position i get my fingers in... i dont see how others do it :c

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

you hand must be screwed up 

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

Holy shize, I just tried that out, and I got annihilated.

0-13, cheers for the post ~.~

:P

I use WASD in a normal fashion, though in the past 4/5 years I've transitioned from using my ring finger as A, to Shift, which really makes things difficult when I need to press A, Shift and Cntrl at the same time. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Holy shize, I just tried that out, and I got annihilated.

0-13, cheers for the post ~.~

:P

I use WASD in a normal fashion, though in the past 4/5 years I've transitioned from using my ring finger as A, to Shift, which really makes things difficult when I need to press A, Shift and Cntrl at the same time. 

lmfao i dont even know how i came to using it like this. but i appreciate you trying it lelel

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

That's a mental way of doing it... WHY?!

i dont even know how i got used to it. lel

Specs of my PC:

You are on your own on this one.

:PPPPPPPPP

Specs of my PC:

anyway ima try to get used to the normal way.

Specs of my PC:

I have a good friend who plays exactly the same way. I still don't understand how he does it.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

HOW????

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

IJKL Master Race

I Just Kill Lemons?

I Just Kill Lemons?

Left handed version of WASD. 

Unless you know that and just really dislike lemons...

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

That is pretty odd.

My brother also has an odd way of using WASD. He keeps his thumb on space but only uses his index finger for WASD. I have no idea what he does with the other fingers but he does not use them for WASD.

And in games like GTA he makes sure the car controls are on arrow keys and he uses his right hand to drive.

I think he just hasn't been able to learn how to use all of his left hand fingers to control a game and him not doing it won't help him learn it. But he still enjoys games and who am I to judge.

But if you want to learn how to use WASD the way others use it you have for yourself to do it. You could just practice with Quake live practice mode to get comfortable with it.

Left handed version of WASD. 

Unless you know that and just really dislike lemons...

Oh haha didn't think of that.

And I don't hate lemons.

OP I don't do it the way you do it but hey I am a bad gamer so maybe I should try something new.  Eh ok I am reaching here cuz you way of using WASD is messed up.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I never use WASD it's so overrated!! Arrow keys all the way  :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

how is that even possible without your keyboard being like sideways.. or your hand being jacked up.. maybe ive just gotten too used to doing it the normal way? (wasd is my home row for typing)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

One of my friends was a semi pro quake player.

Uses Ctrl shift space as action keys shooting ect. Uses left click to move forward right click to move backwards find something you like :P

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

OP I don't do it the way you do it but hey I am a bad gamer so maybe I should try something new.  Eh ok I am reaching here cuz you way of using WASD is messed up.

hahaha lmfao

Specs of my PC:

One of my friends was a semi pro quake player.

Uses Ctrl shift space as action keys shooting ect. Uses left click to move forward right click to move backwards find something you like :P

ehhh....k den :P

Specs of my PC:

I usually drop a turd on S any time i need to go back.

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 | 2500k | 16GB Geil 1866 | Seasonic g360 | Windforce GTX660 | SSDs: 250GB 840 + 2x240GB m500 Striped | Spinners: 640GB 2.5" + 2x2TB Mirrored

QFR : TKStealth : Noctua : Abyssus : Nostromo : Dell & Asus screens on my Lavolta Triple

7 is my main OS + several VMs on my 500GB SSD Stripe