EK backplate with reference cooler?

Greetings beautiful people of this forum!

For an upcoming build, I want to make look as clean, and simplistic as possible, I am wanting to get some backplates for my reference 780ti s.

I personally think that asthetically the EVGA ones do more harm than is worth it.

I just have the standard blower style stock cooler, as comes with most reference 700 series cards. I was wondering if this plate would fit on it w/o a waterblock

I also do not want to watercool, because the lack of humidity in my area cracks the tubes (at least the flexible ones) and considering the time and money I am spending on this build already, I do not even want to consider acrylic tubing.

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/fc-backplates/nvidia-geforce-series/ek-fc780-gtx-ti-backplate-black.html

Maybe I'm just an idiot and completely reading this wrong, but I understand it as it only fits on those waterblocks.

Thanks for all your help, and may the force be with you!

I successfully did this with my Gigabyte GTX 670.  You need to look at your stock reference card and see if the holes on the backplate would have anything interfering.  I was able to use 2 out of the 6 and get some different hardware with a nut on the backside to hold the backplate on.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0