Far Cry 4 pay for multiplayer?

Tie Lightning

So i was mocking the xbox live that "locks" you the multiplayer part of a game unless you pay the subscription, and now this is happening on PC too?

I loved the other Far Cry games and i was waiting to buy the game, but im not gona buy it unless the price drops to like 30/40euros WITH multiplayer...
Not cool Ubisoft, not cool. 

Good thing I wasn't planning on getting FC4 anyway. I would be more upset if I was on a console. They have to pay twice to play online; once to MS or Sony, and then again to Ubisoft.

They are still digging aren't they? It's sad to see a Canadian developer get worse and worse to a point of EA level... Are they purposely convincing people to pirate their games? With a $60-$70 price tag for a portion of the game and the rest locked unless you spend $100+ for "season pass" is a big turn away.

I am okay with multiplayer being DLC but only on one condition... That the core game is half the price or maybe even less.

I wouldn't mind paying maybe 30 dollars for the single player alone and then 30 dollars for the multiplayer aspect. If you force people to buy it in pieces (like it seems Ubisoft are doing) then the total price has to end up the same as people expect buying the whole game flat out would cost. If this is "the game is 60 dollars for single player and 30 dollars for multiplayer" then Ubisoft can fuck off.

It is an added game mode like BF4 does with their Premium.

Technically, you will own the multiplayer just without that special game mode they offer in their Season Pass.

I thought you said that the game contains only SP and Co op if I buy it for 60 dollars and then have to add 30 USD more. Let me rephrase myself, 60 for MP and SP? Or 30 for SP and another 30 for MP? No... 60 gets you the whole deal. Except Season pass... with that good game mode. Ok?.. Or am I mistaking.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

lets hope it comes down in flames i dont want this to become a trend.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Wow Ubisoft. You topped yourself this time.

MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z87-G45 CPU: I5-4670 GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB RAM: 16GB ADATA PC3 1333MHz(got them free) PSU: SeaSonic MK2 620w CASE: Sharkoon Tauron OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Steelseries Shift Mouse: G502 

Torrent

Piracy is not the same as boycotting, and in a way you are still supporting them by playing it!

They will be like "wow 5 million people pirated our game, they must love it"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

How to have your game multiplayer be shit: Do not release all content to all players.

I'm reminded of warhawk, ps3 launch-ish...It was an awesome shooter and community then they did dlc updates where only people with the dlc could play on the new maps/use the new vehicles...the fragmented community stopped playing because nobody could fill a 32 player game.  Those who purchased couldn't fill a game because they were rare. Those who didn't were bored because half the people left to try the upgrade.  Everyone was sour and quit.

In a world where the blind leads the blind, who do you follow?

i5 3570K @ 4.3, Dual GTX780, 3x 1080 27" samsung cheap displays.

512 Samsung SSD with 1TB green, 2TB green, and 2x3TB Red, 4x4TB Red.

Ubisoft, what the fuck are you doing man?

This kinda shit might work on console gamers, but that dog won't hunt "round these parts"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Ubisoft boycott still in full effect.  I'll see how they're doing in, oh, 1.75 years.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

no, that is how to have your multiplayer dead in a matter of weeks.

If i have to pay to unlock a feature chances are i am not going to pay for it.

And even if i did pay for it, the amount of people who actually do is low, and i would never find a match.

This is just one MORE reason i have sworn to pirate every single ubisoft game that comes out until they get their shit together. 

Don't even pirate it, show that much commitment. "Your games are so terrible, they aren't even worth the time it takes to illegally download"

Ubisoft boycott still in full effect.  I'll see how they're doing in, oh, 1.75 years.

More like 5. They've got at least a 5 year ban from my library.

I'm done with the gaming industry, well...now it's time to enter the real world until the industry had another crash.

The game industry reeeaaaallllyyyyy sucks. Thankfully, the tech industry is pretty okay. That's why I'm trying to be less interested in the gaming industry, but it's really hard

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Don't even pirate it, show that much commitment. "Your games are so terrible, they aren't even worth the time it takes to illegally download"

I can't even remember the last time I played a Ubisoft game. I think it was AC 4 which I got for free from my friend's graphics card, and before that...... I don't even know.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Chalk up another torrent to download.

Torrenting the game won't stop this. It will make it worse.

no, that is how to have your multiplayer dead in a matter of weeks.

If i have to pay to unlock a feature chances are i am not going to pay for it.

And even if i did pay for it, the amount of people who actually do is low, and i would never find a match.

This is just one MORE reason i have sworn to pirate every single ubisoft game that comes out until they get their shit together. 

You sir, are part of the problem with the games industry. People have this entitlement complex that somehow tells them it's "OKAY" to pirate a bad game or a game with shitty business practices. Spoiler alert: It's not.

I thought that was my own comment for a second! Lol

On topic:

Tbh. I don't really blame Ubisoft...

Today "all" of us are just a bunch of greedy gamers who want more and more without thinking about what it takes to deliver a game that can do that.

What Ubisoft is simply doing, is taking advantage of the market as it currently is - and will keep doing that, until consumers stop buying.

Like Linus says. It will go away, if you just stop paying.

QFT. If people want to stop Dev's from doing stuff like this, they need to stop buying the games, and then DON'T PIRATE IT! A Boycott works by NOT using the product. If you are boycotting Redbull because you think they murder puppies, is it somehow suddenly okay to drink one if someone gives it to you for free, or if you stole it from the store? No! You corrupt your own moral stance and lose the moral high ground.

image.jpg

Yeah... or not? How about not playing the game? That will send a better message compared to pirating it. Pirating it says "This game is good enough to play, but I'm a cheap fucker!" - That might be the message you intend to send by pirating it, but it's the message that gets sent.

Multiplayer in far cry 3 was shit. The co-op was okay but glitchy as hell. This game will probably be locked @30fps. I will NOT, never ever spend 60€ on this bullshit these fuckers are releasing. G2A or good old piratebay it is. Fucking moneywhores don't deserve better.

No but seriously these guys wonder why we pirate their games. Lol these guys are more retarded than religious people

People pirate games for a number of reasons. In poor parts of the world, 2nd and 3rd world countries, etc, it's because they simply cannot afford the game. This is a valid reason, because if you earn $100 a month, and $60 goes to a game, well you're fucked.

However, anyone who lives in a industrialized country has NO RIGHT to pirate a game. If it's shitty? Don't play it. If you can't afford it? Too fucking bad - don't play it. Save your money and buy it on a Steam Sale. People who pirate games in a 1st world nation deserve no respect. They have no ethical reason to do so. It's not a distribution issue anymore. Games are far ahead of movies and TV where Steam is available worldwide for reasonable prices (To any 1st world country anyway).

Remember: Vote with your Wallets!!!!

if they wanna play the "we don't care what you say and do what we want" game, then they can keep farcry 4 and all the other crap they try and sell us and we keep our money and get something more worth while of our time... simple.

QFT. Don't play the game. Don't pirate it. It sends a better message to Ubisoft.

Piracy is not the same as boycotting, and in a way you are still supporting them by playing it!

They will be like "wow 5 million people pirated our game, they must love it"

QFT. Pirating a game like this will just tell them that they made a really fun game but some people are just cheap.

Agreed. If we as gamers want to show a unified front that will actually accomplish anything, then we must refrain from pirating the game. Vote with your wallet, but don't play the game after.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

-snip

I refuse to play anything they make, I even made a post on their forums telling them that.

I refuse to play anything they make, I even made a post on their forums telling them that.

Thanks alot, now all the bad stuff over at ubisoft will get fixed!

Hmm...I'm thinking about making a flame post about ebola...

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Wtf.... Wtf.... WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Good, you're doing exactly what every disenfranchised gamer should do: Not buy the game, then make a post on the official forums explicitly laying out the reasons why you won't buy the game, and lastly by not pirating it. If everyone did what you did, then maybe Ubisoft would actually fix their shit, instead of taking a shower with $100 bills instead of water.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Assuming for a moment that they even read or cared about your post… Great, you've removed yourself from their customer pool. They no longer need to appease you, because they've lost your business regardless. It sends a clearer message to boycott the offending game, rather than the entire publisher.

I'd personally wait until this game is released and all this crap is official before getting so upset. We can't buy it until then anyway, unless you guys are referring to pre-orders, which are a pretty dumb thing to do even in the best of cases.

Assuming for a moment that they even read or cared about your post… Great, you've removed yourself from their customer pool. They no longer need to appease you, because they've lost your business regardless. It sends a clearer message to boycott the offending game, rather than the entire publisher.

I'd personally wait until this game is released and all this crap is official before getting so upset. We can't buy it until then anyway, unless you guys are referring to pre-orders, which are a pretty dumb thing to do even in the best of cases.

Yes, it tells them in no uncertain terms that they've lost his sale. But they want it back. You damn well know they want it back. Why? Because Ubisoft (Like most companies) care about profit. A lost sale, individually, is no big deal, but if many people are following suit, then they will quickly change their game to win his sale back for their next game, or even for this game via a patch or a change of business practices.

Of course, you're right in that we should wait until the game is released, where all information can be confirmed as truth or false rumours.

Pre-orders are a huge thing. You should know that. Despite the "bad" practice of pre-ordering a game that you KNOW will come out anyway, millions of people (thousands at least) will pre-order them anyway.

Well, they're tightening the rope around their own necks. I mean, people mostly buy games because of multiplayer (or they want to support the developer, I mean indie games). Otherwise they're just going to torrent that stuff and use tunngle for co-op. But on the other hand, Far Cry is not the most famous online FPS so fans of the game may not be really disapointed, it's mostly about story and free roaming. IMO

Well, they're tightening the rope around their own necks. I mean, people mostly buy games because of multiplayer (or they want to support the developer, I mean indie games). Otherwise they're just going to torrent that stuff and use tunngle for co-op. But on the other hand, Far Cry is not the most famous online FPS so fans of the game may not be really disapointed, it's mostly about story and free roaming. IMO

Farcry has NEVER been a popular multiplayer game. To think that most people buy games simply for Multiplayer is being narrow minded. I personally don't care for them that much. I much prefer a strong single player story. Co-op games are becoming the new multiplayer (And yes I know, both technically are multiplayer, but in this context I'm referring to traditional multiplayer vs story driven co-op play).

Look at the Skyrim's, the GTA V's, the Borderlands and Halo's to some degree. All are extremely successful games with a heavily single player or story based gameplay.

People might buy COD or BF for the multiplayer, but there are millions who play single player story driven games - and don't torrent them. Anyone who torrents a single player game to get the story is an unethical asshole*

*Unless they live in a 2nd or 3rd world country where the poverty line/local economy prevents games from being an affordable commodity based on average income.