Far Cry 4 pay for multiplayer?

Tie Lightning

So with the anticipated release of Far Cry 4 coming up, Ubisoft has slowly been releasing more and more about the game to the public. 

In the most recent update they outlined features that will be added to the game via season pass, one of the features being competitive multiplayer. The PvP game mode will be teams fighting for capture points throughout the Far Cry landscape.

But what is strange is that Ubisoft will only allow for competitive multiplayer if you purchase the season pass. While the standard game does have single player and co-op, the choice to leave competitive multiplayer out of the $60 version seems like a new idea that Ubisoft is employing in order to increase the amount of money that they are making on each game.

This will be very interesting to see in the future if game developers release their game with a $60 price tag, but then unlock features like multiplayer with a season pass in order to cover more of their costs.

Original Article (http://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-4-season-pass-offers-new-missions-and-pvp-mode/)

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

Bullshit

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

So with the anticipated release of Far Cry 4 coming up, Ubisoft has slowly been releasing more and more about the game to the public. 

In the most recent update they outlined features that will be added to the game via season pass, one of the features being competitive multiplayer. The PvP game mode will be teams fighting for capture points throughout the Far Cry landscape.

But what is strange is that Ubisoft will only allow for competitive multiplayer if you purchase the season pass. While the standard game does have single player and co-op, the choice to leave competitive multiplayer out of the $60 version seems like a new idea that Ubisoft is employing in order to increase the amount of money that they are making on each game.

This will be very interesting to see in the future if game developers release their game with a $60 price tag, but then unlock features like multiplayer with a season pass in order to cover more of their costs.

Original Article (http://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-4-season-pass-offers-new-missions-and-pvp-mode/)

So.... Ubisoft is worse than EA now?

Edit: I wonder if it means "pvp mp mode" as in, a game mode, or the whole PVP system...

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I wouldn't even consider far cry series even worth buying for the multiplayer... but ubisoft needs to stop messing with the titles I want.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I wouldn't even consider far cry series even worth buying for the multiplayer... but ubisoft needs to stop messing with the titles I want.

yeah... I REALLY hope Rainbow 6 turns out good... And that they stop using uPlay/Stop using P2P connection for online play.

So.... Ubisoft is worse than EA now?

Ahh, for a awhile now. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Far Cry multiplayer is worthless anyway. Who gives a crap if they charge more for it, because nobody will even bother buying it.

Still, I doubt it's true, but it's further evidence of being douches if true.

Anticipated release?

I doubt anyone is anticipating this game!

I want it still, despite everyone complaining about it. It will a new game with better graphics and a slightly different setting with a slightly different storyline, same old Ubisoft but still enjoyable non the less. But not a $70 so steam sale. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Chalk up another torrent to download.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

I hope there won't be any story DLCs.

And i hope it will not just be FC3 2.0 because from what it looks like, it is. I'll get it for the christmas holidays when it has dropped a bit in price. :D

who cares...

I want it still, despite everyone complaining about it. It will a new game with better graphics and a slightly different setting with a slightly different storyline, same old Ubisoft but still enjoyable non the less. But not a $70 so steam sale. 

All the assets are more or less ripped straight from Far Cry 3, as far as I've seen. The weapon sounds, models and textures, foliage, animations and more.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Rant:

Why do Ubisoft feel like trying to make every game they make GOTY? Because they always have fucked up in one way or another. For example, uPlay... Just uPlay in general. And with all these fuck ups they still get accolades galore and their games are masturbated upon by the press.

If uPlay don't want this game pirated to unholy fucking Hell then they can start rectifying things such as their tendency to DLC rape and when that's done, they can get rid of uPlay.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

All the assets are more or less ripped straight from Far Cry 3, as far as I've seen. The weapon sounds, models and textures, foliage, animations and more.

And I enjoyed far cry 3. Yea sure its like COD same stuff over and over but sometimes its the little things that they add that make a huge a difference. 

Success we made Linus's Facebook! 

Spoiler

Do not buy ubisoft games, this is where me me our stand.

#Forthemasterrace!

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

I'm done with the gaming industry, well...now it's time to enter the real world until the industry had another crash.

no, that is how to have your multiplayer dead in a matter of weeks.
If i have to pay to unlock a feature chances are i am not going to pay for it.
And even if i did pay for it, the amount of people who actually do is low, and i would never find a match.

This is just one MORE reason i have sworn to pirate every single ubisoft game that comes out until they get their shit together. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

So disapointed. I really hope this isn't the case. I guess Ubisoft is really going by that Joe Dirt quote "Life's a garden, dig it."

Oh come on. Now they're just trolling.

I thought that was my own comment for a second! Lol

On topic:

Tbh. I don't really blame Ubisoft...

Today "all" of us are just a bunch of greedy gamers who want more and more without thinking about what it takes to deliver a game that can do that.

What Ubisoft is simply doing, is taking advantage of the market as it currently is - and will keep doing that, until consumers stop buying.

Like Linus says. It will go away, if you just stop paying.

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

I actually like this solution as long as it means more development time and polish for the single player. If I were to buy it, it would be for the sp anyway