x99 Entering BIOS?

saya_kucing

I'm ordering all my parts one by one online and my GPU just got here this morning.

I'm running the x99 Deluxe from Asus - which needs a GPU to host the display out.

I hooked up my GPU (gtx980) and expected it to get me into the BIOS menu.

I'm still waiting on CPU and RAM to arrive - so would it be a matter of having all the hardware in place for  it to be able to enter bios?

Everything looks like it's working... xD

Thanks.

I'm still waiting on CPU and RAM to arrive - so would it be a matter of having all the hardware in place for  it to be able to enter bios?

Yes

"Rawr XD"

I think you need the CPU and at least the Harddrive or RAM to get into the BIOS. Though if you use just RAM once you shut off your computer all information will be lost.

You need a CPU and RAM to enter the bios :(

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

Hahaha, thought so.

I know it was such a rookie question, but thanks for your help.

I think you need the CPU and at least the Harddrive or RAM to get into the BIOS. Though if you use just RAM once you shut off your computer all information will be lost.

nope I heard you don't need anything to enter bios

Just try OP, Nothing bad can happen

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I'm ordering all my parts one by one online and my GPU just got here this morning.

I'm running the x99 Deluxe from Asus - which needs a GPU to host the display out.

I hooked up my GPU (gtx980) and expected it to get me into the BIOS menu.

Everything looks like it's working... xD

Thanks.

Nope, but what I highly suggest you do is upgrade your bios to 0904 in the meantime. All you need is a power supply and thumb drive.

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/X99DELUXE/HelpDesk_Download/

http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

CPU, one stick of ram and a display to get past the POST to enter the BIOS

Watch the CPU pins they are very fragile

Do not try to upgrade your BIOS unless there is an issue