Overclocking SLI

So trying to OC my two Gigabyte 760 4gb cards with Evga precision x so my question is should i be removing one card and trying to get the best oc or can i just simple turn off sync and raise the settings on one card and it will have the same effect?

I just synced both cause I didn't have the time to fine tune.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Just go as high as you can for each card (with SLI enabled) and if their speeds are not that different, leave sync off. If they're really far apart (well over say... 100MHz core) then turn on sync as you may get some stutter in games.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I just synced both cause I didn't have the time to fine tune.

This. Ain't nobody got time to fine tune two cards

"Rawr XD"

It's not even worth taking the time to fine to the cards individually. 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

This. Ain't nobody got time to fine tune two cards

i Have tried ocing the two with sync but clearly one card is holding the two back because it crashes with such a small oc

Find the maximum overclock for each card, then sync them to the slowest one. My 760 4GB cards run at 1280/6360 which is the speed of the slowest card, the faster one can do 1335/6360. It's generally best to match the cards but I find that a variance of up to 50mhz on the core and 100mhz on the memory is acceptable. Granted you don't have to overclock them at all but it really doesn't take long to find a max stable overclock. When I got my replacement 760 I knew it's core and memory overclock in less than 10 minutes.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299