Why this?

Epic_Nex

Someone suggested this setup for me, I only wanted it to do 720p at about 60fps. But anyways, he put a SSD and a hard drive in it.. why? and how would that even work?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/73KQLk

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

Who the heck though that that build was good? a 280X is more of a 1080P card that will handle High to Ultra settings in a game.

It really depends on your uses for 720P at 60FPS

Motherboard: Asus A88X-PLUS ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($79.71 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($62.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 270 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($146.97 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $551.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-20 20:41 EDT-0400

Why wouldn't it work?

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

A system can have more than one drive, an Optical Drive (DVD Player) is a drive. They just work separately (unless in RAID). SSD for fast boot times and for games that take long to load, HDD for fast games and bulk storage because SSDs are expensive gb/$.

Also please start a thread in new builds and planning because I know LTT members can design a way better system than that. Makesure to follow the template in the stickied thread.

Someone suggested this setup for me, I only wanted it to do 720p at about 60fps. But anyways, he put a SSD and a hard drive in it.. why? and how would that even work?

To answer your question why someone would have both SSD and HDD in same system? Because SSDs price/gb ratio is still weaker than HDDs. So getting 256gb SSD and 1-2Tb of HDD is really nice combination. You can go for 480-312Gb SSDs if there is many heavy programs you are using constantly. But system would still need HDD space. Ofc you can leave HDD out. But if you have even basic music collection, some pics taken for few years, maybe want to record gaming or otherwise store video, SSD will become full very soon.

As for how it is physically possible. Even smaller cases and basic mobos can handle 4 drives. Most mobos have 6-8 ports for it. Basic ATX case holds 4-8 drives easily. With SATA devices one port means one device. They are congfigured first in BIOS as which is used to boot to OS and then in OS to which is used to store OS' basic functions and which is for storage and less used software.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv