GTX 970 ITX from Gigabyte

RASQ

Wow this is awesome, Nvidia are doing something right :) low power but packs a punch! Can't wait to order my gainward gtx 970 phantom on payday :)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I really like that they left the IO alone. Hopefully the push for ITX continues.

I dont get why ppl like mini builds they are so restricted in terms of ram . The only thing i guess it is okay with them is that they are mobile

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

we look into the say and the clouds part.... the light blinded us for a few seconds, as our eyes adjust to the light and we can hear a voice....and it said....

"OIE!!! GIGABYTE IS MAKING A m-ITX TYPE GRAPHICS CARD THATS THE NEW GTX 970 THATS OVERCLOCKED OUT OF THE BOX!!!!"

........................oh my GOD O3O

I dont get why ppl like mini builds they are so restricted in terms of ram . The only thing i guess it is okay with them is that they are mobile

Well, I think this card caters to gamers, so RAM isn't really an issue.

I like the size, but I still think I'd rather have the ability to turn the fan off.

So this would take a PSU of what to run in SLI...600W? 650W? 

Well, if using it with an ITX build that doesn't really matter since every ITX board I've seen only has one slot. If you go with a mATX or ATX, you might as well use a normal size GPU. Either way, I doubt power requirements wouldn't be significantly different than a normal 970. And this is just the card that I was hoping to see. Now lets see if they will make a 980 version.

Cause mini builds can still handle 32gb which is overkill for gaming in its entirety.

Wow! This caught me off guard! I'm so glad I didn't go ahead and start my m-ITX build already!

I was going to use a BitFenix Prodigy for it's air-cooling and water-cooling space and for holding long graphics cards, but with this I can go super small form factor!

Cause mini builds can still handle 32gb which is overkill for gaming in its entirety.

That are micro , mini builds can only go till 16

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Very impressive. My only problem with ITX GPUs is that they tend to be quite loud under load. It will be interesting to see if this is any quieter though. 

Thank you Gigabyte for going with that IO. Just love it. It's basically perfect for enthusiasts with multiple displays.

It kind of surprises me that they could fit all that on that card. Lets see how much of a premium they'll charge for it.

Edit: $329! Great pricing. Looks like they've got a winner on their hands

can you run 6 displays with that io ? a first for nvidia cards?

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

can you run 6 displays with that io ? a first for nvidia cards?

3 displays and one auxiliary one for like a web browser or something. More than what a enthusiast will need.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Bless you Gigabyte for not bastardizing Nvidia's new I/O configuration like almost every other manufacturer has done to the 970. Also I would totally consider picking this version instead of the full sized one even though I'm not using ITX, the full sized card is so damn huge it's kind of ridiculous. I think it's even bigger than my current 760 3x Windforce Edition.

Well, I think this card caters to gamers, so RAM isn't really an issue.

Dream come true for small apartment + small desk but don't want to settle for a gaming laptop. 16GB of ram is plenty enough for almost everyone I guess.

Can someone please suggest a good looking slim case that will fit under my TV with that in it (Hello Steam box) :D