bday gift need some opinion gonna buy it 5 hours from post.

hmm I can't decide what I need to put for the pentium g3258 mobo. Today is my sisters 20th bday and I got some parts lying around pretty much have everything else besides a brand new g3258 and a brand new mobo. as much as possible I don't want to give away my older parts like some z87 h87 just kinda selfish I know but yeah.

budget doesn't really matter and there will be 0 overclock on this. I won't order online and pretty much I'll be out to buy them by 11am. (5 hours from now) gmt+8

I'll be going with a m-ITX size. (can't decide which one to go for. there are couple of good looking boards out there.)

reason for m-itx, no oc, no sli/xfire? cause she doesn't need it. although kinda my fault for forgetting it's her birthday until I saw it in facebook just now for the notification hahahaha.

but I like the Idea of upgradability wise just in case she wants to do something else there besides those accounting stuff she does from her school work and maybe she might venture to the deep dark place of overclock so I'm open to suggestion on some z97 or whatnot boards.

Thing I want to buy: 

Pentium G3258 (planned on this and won't be changed)

Mobo (not sure which one looks sexy yet besides those on picture need some opinion eye candy wise. pretty much black/silver at least or pure black to match the black/silver ram I had lying around).

x2 200mm fan (can't seem to find noctua any other cheapo brand there that works?) something I can easily paint. black/silver or even if it's white(can paint on it) prefered.

140mm fan for exhaust (found a noctua gonna go meet up the seller at 12pm 6 hours from now after getting the other parts). I'm thinking of painting it black for the gist of it or maybe silver.

SSD (can't seem to chose which ssd to go for either mx100, evo) both are similarly priced just can't seem to decide. I wanted the intel 730 for the sexy looking skull like drawing on the ssd but alas no stock.

I'm thinking of slapping some gpu there for fun anyways so the window won't look silly enough.

edit: btw here are the parts I have lying around that I'll be using to put together. I need a 120gb ssd for pretty much stuff she needs right now. that small hdd is a laptop one that I manage to salvage from my old toshiba one since the oen my acer had were all dead >.< thats a 250gb something hdd for whatever she wants to store.

I'm thinking of using that team elite ram 1333mhz since I couldn't find my spare dominator plat ram that didn't work in quad channel for me.

Parts I have right now:

-EVGA 500B psu or maybe the hec raptor II psu 500w one but the wires looks ugly on the hec.

-team elite 2x2gb 1333mhz or if I can find my spare 2x8gb corsair dominator platinum 2133 (not sure if the mobo can handle it of the list I have but I'll check).

-Thermaltake Level 10 GT (one of my few older case that looked totally sexy at first then now I got sick of it.

-zotac gtx 780 OC. I unboxed this on this forum few months back since someone was asking around for information about it and gave some little eye candy opinion. was using it before for physx for my render rig but it was useless and looked ugly and I couldn't find a water block for it that time so I stocked it on my storage room and I forgot about it until now.

-250gb hdd from an old toshiba laptop that still works and can put other stuff she wants. most likely if it ever dies it will be her problem anyway and should buy a new hdd.

2014-10-21065613_zpsfffcb7b6.jpg

Live your life like a dream.

hmm I'm thinking of grabbing this but no first hand experience with this motherboard.

MSI z97iAC or the H97IAC depends on whichever is available. but need more options just in case those are not available in the couple of stores I'll be going to.

edit: at first I'm thinking of grabbing the gigabite z97n wifi one since I have a similar board I use the h77 one and the z87 one and works good for me but i still see some different color so no go.

edit2: hmm the asrock b85m itx one looks good too. anyone got any first hand experience with that?\

edit3: the asrock h81m itx looks perfect but it has that stupid gold asrock writting lol. although I'll consider it if nothing else goes.

Does she really care about the color and stuff ? If not the best bet would probably be board with usefull bells and whistles for her, like wifi you mentioned. If shes not enthusiastic I would not worry too much and get something that is solid and works and not something terribly expensive which she not gonna use :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Does she really care about the color and stuff ? If not the best bet would probably be board with usefull bells and whistles for her, like wifi you mentioned. If shes not enthusiastic I would not worry too much and get something that is solid and works and not something terribly expensive which she not gonna use  :)

nay since I'm the one building it I just want to make something that doesn't look bad eye candy wise.

edit: sorry for all those dusty stuff hahaha they have been lying in my storage room for some time.

edit2: I kinda go with looks more than the extra features >.< and yeah I know it's a pretty unbalance build but why not might as well use those stuff that's not in any of my other builds to use.

edit3: well not sure if it's available at local store when I pass by them later hoping they are in stock but so far these are what I have in mind.

MSi Z97I AC Mini

MSi H97I AC Mini

AsRock B85M ITX Mini

ASRock H81M ITX

since they can be seen in the window.

edit4: I might aswell trow in the thermaltake adv cpu cooler I had before if I can find it but I have to paint those red stuff there black/gray or just remove it entirely. I still got a few more hours people any other opinion on those 4 mobo? are there any bios update I have to do? I have no 1150 socket cpu btw >.< only 1155/lga2011-1 and older ones. so no bios update for me and of course the stores I'll be going to won't do it anyway had to send it for a few weeks of warranty for it to get bios changed and I need to be finished today.

nay since I'm the one building it I just want to make something that doesn't look bad eye candy wise.

edit: sorry for all those dusty stuff hahaha they have been lying in my storage room for some time.

edit2: I kinda go with looks more than the extra features >.< and yeah I know it's a pretty unbalance build but why not might as well use those stuff that's not in any of my other builds to use.

edit3: well not sure if it's available at local store when I pass by them later hoping they are in stock but so far these are what I have in mind.

MSi Z97I AC Mini

MSi H97I AC Mini

AsRock B85M ITX Mini

ASRock H81M ITX

since they can be seen in the window.

Man, I get the eye candy I really do :D But question is, does she care ? :)

For the board I dont know, they all look just fine for the purpose :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Man, I get the eye candy I really do :D But question is, does she care ? :)

For the board I dont know, they all look just fine for the purpose :)

well most likely no and I'm like 50% sure she won't care either way but I've never ever built something just right for the need all these years since pentium 2 days dunno why >.< but since I'm in that road might as well go with the path I'm on.

also it's her first pc. hehehe. well besides some cheapo laptop I used to get her.

well I even water cooled my i3 3220 gaming rig >.< with a h77n wifi mobo :) it's not needed but hey all for the looks.

Don't put RAM on your carpet dude... jesus christ... seriously. So stupid. You have the metal contacts touching your carpet. Are you a total noob?

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

Don't put RAM on your carpet dude... jesus christ... seriously. So stupid. You have the metal contacts touching your carpet. Are you a total noob?

dude I never had a carpet to begin with. 

seriously. So STUPID DUDE. you have METAL CONTACTS IN YOUR EYES OR SOMETHING? TOTAL NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST SUPER STAR WHAT A DUMBASS NOOB WE HAVE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

go take a hike bro.

So how is the present going?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

So how is the present going?

well for now still 2 hours to go before I pick up some at the store and the fans are going to be picked up at a mall since the seller is meet up due to his store being too far. so far going to 4 stores and 1 meet up for fans.

for the motherboard I'll probably go the z97 one if that is available but if not then anything else of those 4 will be good. although I'd not want the asrock one due to the gold asrock written there.

and I can't find my corsair dominator platinum so most likely I'll just cover up that red writing on the team elite ram. hehehe she should be surprised.

of course unless someone else got a better board with just black/silver or a little white should be good. for fans I'll be going x3 200mm they were like a few bucks (us converted) each and I don't even know if it will be good but worth a try. I made a typo at top about x2 200 since the level 10 gt runs 200 top, 200 front and 200 side and 140 back. I don't like those LED there it won't match the black/silver/white theme I'm putting up.

well although I've seen deepcool brand around but not sure if they are any good.

update: found my dominator ram so I should be using that. hope it works >.<

gonna go prepare my self to buy. if I ever have enough time when I get home might make a build log out of it for fun but yeah kinda depends sadly or probably if I convince my sister to do a water cooling loop of this next time just for fun.

dude I never had a carpet to begin with. 

seriously. So STUPID DUDE. you have METAL CONTACTS IN YOUR EYES OR SOMETHING? TOTAL NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST SUPER STAR WHAT A DUMBASS NOOB WE HAVE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

go take a hike bro.

That's not carpet? In that case you have terrible taste in linoleum or whatever that is. Totally looks like carpet in the photo.

I see your planning to use a ITX board with that case. If I were you I'll get a MicroATX or better off a ATX so that way she will be a better upgrade path for whatever stuffs she might need later on. ITX has no upgrade path once a GPU is installed, unless you're willing to do future upgrades via USB. If your mind is still set on ITX then get a ITX case. Using a large case to fit in a puny board, some will think its cheap as, they mostly judge it from a physical size perspective and not by the technology that puts towards it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I see your planning to use a ITX board with that case. If I were you I'll get a MicroATX or better off a ATX so that way she will be a better upgrade path for whatever stuffs she might need later on. ITX has no upgrade path once a GPU is installed, unless you're willing to do future upgrades via USB. If your mind is still set on ITX then get a ITX case. Using a large case to fit in a puny board, some will think its cheap as, they mostly judge it from a physical size perspective and not by the technology that puts towards it.

well I already bought the ITX mobo. I'm just weird that way :)

and yeah it's all done now and I decided to water cool it just for all the fun it will bring on december but yeah no overclock but I just want to and for the others wondering if she cares? no she doesn't but I want to. and she's alright with it anyway.

I'll probably do the build log once I get all the parts that I want for it. been thinking of going x2 240 top, x2 240front, x1 120 bot, x1 140 back and some external ones. 

most shit I'll be buying are probably the mcp655 and some rads like a 240/120/140mm ones. but hey more fun that way.

That's not carpet? In that case you have terrible taste in linoleum or whatever that is. Totally looks like carpet in the photo.

because you have metal contacts in your eyes.

because you have metal contacts in your eyes.

At least I don't have hideous flooring. All hardwood over here.

At least I didn't buy a Thermaltake L10 case... 

This was an entertaining thread haha. If you're gonna do a build log, mind tagging me in it?

This was an entertaining thread haha. If you're gonna do a build log, mind tagging me in it?

sure why not but I need more cash to do a water cooling loop for it probably around december or early january. add me as friend or something so I can easily tag you in.

At least I don't have hideous flooring. All hardwood over here.

At least I didn't buy a Thermaltake L10 case... 

at I got a family.

at least I got a level 10 gt it was a good case if you think otherwise then you need medical attention. well probably not good at todays standard,

at I got a family.

at least I got a level 10 gt it was a good case if you think otherwise then you need medical attention. well probably not good at todays standard,

L10GT was never a good case. The original "concept" design that was never publically released was decent, but was still crap. The GT is utter crap. 100%. And your floor looks like carpet.

L10GT was never a good case. The original "concept" design that was never publically released was decent, but was still crap. The GT is utter crap. 100%. And your floor looks like carpet.

it is crap for the price but it was still decent. I have one and I can vouch for it. you never had one to begin with.

so what if my floor looks like carpet you have metal contacts in your eyes which is fact. 

this thread is done and over if you still like to reply to this thread why not go ahead and I will reply to you to make stuff entertaining.

you made your own brainless mistake of assuming crap either you stop it now or we can go on chatting here.

I know you're a newbie when it comes to pc building matey so just go on and live your normal life as it is.

I'm a newbie PC builder? Brah, nah. I've been building PC's for 10 years brah. 

Anyways sorry for our little fight. We both got a little out of control. Your floor looks like carpet, it confused me, I said something, you reacted, and a fight broke out. I apologize to you for my conduct and hope we can be amigos.