USB 3.0 Won't work

blaster59687

So i just build my PC a week ago and now with the latest windows update (8.1) whenever i get past the bios screen my usb ports shut off and i can't use my keyboard and mouse! HELP ME IF YOU DO FREE HUGGSSSSSS

Do you have any USB 2.0 ports you could try? USB 3.0 may be having some driver issues. Failing that, PS/2 should work if you have a keyboard that's compatible with that laying around.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Install the USB driver?

Can't. Can't get past the password screen

Do you have any USB 2.0 ports you could try? USB 3.0 may be having some driver issues. Failing that, PS/2 should work if you have a keyboard that's compatible with that laying around.

no i tried using usb 2 too but its broken as well

try using different ports and reinstalling windows as well as checking your internal connections

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

This is why I always keep a spare PS/2 keyboard around.

| i5-2500k | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 | G.Skill 8GB | 2x XFX R9 280X | EVGA 1000W G2 Gold |