My review of the DX racer chair

This chair is awesome. I also own one and I recommend it for everyone that can afford the money.

As mentioned before the chair is on lower side of chairs.

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.

Arozzi and AKRacing should also be really good chairs for gaming. But damn the price for that DX-Racer.

This is what i'm using right now. HAHA I i know, it's aweful :P

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/images/products/stefan-chair__0122106_PE278491_S4.JPG

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

About how high can it go floor to seat? I'm a bit tall and 6'2" and I like a chair that can go a little higher than the usual ~ 20 inches

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

About how high can it go floor to seat? I'm a bit tall and 6'2" and I like a chair that can go a little higher than the usual ~ 20 inches

In that case, the f series may not be the ideal choice for you. Don't worry though, the company offers the m series and king series for taller and larger people, so you may have luck with those products.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Thats an awesome looking chair. Ive been looking for a new chair for quite some time now and ive looked at various different companies inluding Herman Miller but i always come back to the DX chair. And it matches your PC :)

My ass is to poor to afford this, but my ass wants it so much!

You have quite a naughty ass.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Man, that makes me want to get one of those. Does anyone have experience with the Maxnomic chairs or any other similar brands like AkRacing?

CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black | GPU: Asus Strix 1080 Ti | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | PSU: Seasonic 80+ Platinum 1000W | Display: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q Cooling: Corsair H100i GT | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Audio: Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium with O2 DAC/AMP

Man, that makes me want to get one of those. Does anyone have experience with the Maxnomic chairs or any other similar brands like AkRacing?

Linus just posted a video review of the maxnomic chair.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Dont care for elite haxor gamer racer chairs, just get a good business chair that's more ergonomic, love my steelcase leap (used 350)

Dont care for elite haxor gamer racer chairs, just get a good business chair that's more ergonomic, love my steelcase leap (used 350)

Why are you calling them haxor chairs? I've heard nothing but good things from these chairs, the quality seems to be fantastic and they feel great to sit in too. If you paid 350 for your used chair, I'd rather get a brand new "haxor" chair.

To OP, looks awesome, love how the chair fits well with your case, may your buns sit in pure bliss :D

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

I updated the OP with more detail.  If I missed out on something that you would like to know more about, tell me and I'll add it to the review

• 8 months later...

On the King series what is the difference between the normal King and the Zero Edition?

Functionally, there should be a difference. I think the zero is just some special branding

I am planning on getting a Max series Dxracer sometime soon, but it would be very interesting to see someone compare a Herman Miller or Steelcase to the Dxracer and Maxnomic chairs.  I know Jayz said he had a $1000 chair at his old job before he went to youtube full-time, and commented that the Dxracer was comfier, but more opinions needed!