BSOD | Memory problem

Toly

Hey guys, some time ago my pc went into BSOD every 15 minutes, sometimes immediately after it would boot.

I cleaned it, it was a mess, but I got it clean. It started working better, but still I would have these crashes usually when my pc is working on someting (rendering or gaming).

So as a last resort I tried to format my pc, and for no use, it still crashes.

WhoCrashed info:

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102014-20358-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002EDB93C, 0xFFFFF88008F9A750, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
On Mon 20-Oct-14 20:38:09 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0xB6251)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002EDB93C, 0xFFFFF88008F9A750, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 
On Mon 20-Oct-14 06:14:28 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102014-22183-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x21, 0xFFFFF8A00DC34000, 0x1D10, 0x5001D10)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 

The dump files:

The OS I use is Windows 7 64 Bit.

Specs:

CPU : i5 750 @2.67GHz

RAM : G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600

Video card: AMD Readon 5850 HD

MB: Gigabyte P55A-UD3

HDD: Seagate 2TB | Samsung 500GB

I have two screen connected to my PC if that matters.

If you need anything else let me know.

BIOS version:

Award Modular F4 BIOS v6.00PG

Help would be very appreciated, and sorry for my broken english, hopefully everything is understandable.

First thing to check with BSODs: the RAM.

Get memtest86 and test your RAM. It'll take a while, but it'll tell us a lot.

Well, I put it on, waited for it to finish, but it strted again and again. Went to sleep, kept it running, woke up and still - not done.

this is how it looked before I closed it :

8c25955da1.jpg

I guess that thousands of errors do not mean everything is ok..

Well, I put it on, waited for it to finish, but it strted again and again. Went to sleep, kept it running, woke up and still - not done.

this is how it looked before I closed it :

-img-

I guess that thousands of errors do not mean everything is ok..

Welp. that's bad. There's a pretty large bad block of memory, so the amount of errors is probably all from that block.

The only thing you can really do is get new RAM. (You can try reseating and cleaning the contacts, but in all likelyhood, seeing how there's more errors in the higher blocks, it's to do with the RAM itself.)

Damn, is there a point to try to put my old 2X2GB ram sticks to see if it is the problem, or I could go right ahead to buy some new RAM ? My RAM is relatevly new, but my pc was in some bad condition before I cleaned it, it might of burned or something..

Anyway, could you (or anyone else) recommend me a good brand of RAM ? What speed should I take ? Is there any reason to take 16GB instead of 8 ? I'm doing alot of editing.

I appreciate your help man !

Damn, is there a point to try to put my old 2X2GB ram sticks to see if it is the problem, or I could go right ahead to buy some new RAM ? My RAM is relatevly new, but my pc was in some bad condition before I cleaned it, it might of burned or something..

Anyway, could you (or anyone else) recommend me a good brand of RAM ? What speed should I take ? Is there any reason to take 16GB instead of 8 ? I'm doing alot of editing.

You'd have to buy a whole new kit and your board only supports up to 16GB so that's 4x4GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231657&cm_re=%284_x_4GB%29-_-20-231-657-_-Product

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

You'd have to buy a whole new kit and your board only supports up to 16GB so that's 4x4GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231657&cm_re=%284_x_4GB%29-_-20-231-657-_-Product

exactly the same one I have, I had trouble fitting it in the slot next to my CPU due to the size of the "jaws" and the cpu cooler.

You say "only" 16GB, is it not enough ?

Thank you for your help !

Sure, just to be sure check the other RAM and see if MEMTest reports anything.

It might be something on your motherboard/CPU causing it (memory controller failure) rather than the RAM itself.

You coudl also try these RAM sticks in a different PC and see what ti does there. That way it'll become clear which is at fault here.

exactly the same one I have, I had trouble fitting it in the slot next to my CPU due to the size of the "jaws" and the cpu cooler.

You say "only" 16GB, is it not enough ?

Thank you for your help !

Lol, 16GB is a ton. Not sure if you bought those sticks back in 2010 when you got your i5, but they should have a lifetime warranty. Id get low profile sticks so they don't interfere with your heatsink. You could troubleshoot the ram using memtest86+. Stick a single 4GB stick closest to the CPU, run each stick for about 3 hours each to figure out which ones are bad and just use 2x4GB. A new kit will cost you $150+..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611%20600006073&IsNodeId=1&name=16GB%20%284%20x%204GB%29

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

Well huge thank you for the help first of all.

So I got my 4X2gb ripjaws out and put my 2x2 old g.skill inside (I bought the 2x2 back in 2010) I ran memtest86+ and got errors, I had the test running about 2 hours, and every time it started the 10 tests again so I got out.

But instead of thousands of errors I got with the ripjaws, i got about 85 with my old ones. So I booted up my pc and boom - BSOD, same error. (after I opened a bunch of programs and some chrome windows)

I tried to move the sticks to the other 2 slots, the slots near the cpu, and viola ! 0 errors !

Everything seems to be working fine. Now, the question is - what should I do ? I can't fit the ripjaws in the slot closest to the cpu to test them, the cooler is too damn big. 

Although the ripjaw had thousand of errors on memtest, they might be ok, right ?

Either way the problem is the motherboard, correct ?

Update:

Just got back from work and stried to boot up my pc, few seconds after the windows started - BSOD !

Tried a few time and eventually got it to work. I ran the memtest86 again, 0 errors, the RAM is fine.

here is a picture of my temp:

c464c9af30.png

WhoCrashed:

On Wed 22-Oct-14 18:52:15 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102214-16473-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x4211)
Bugcheck code: 0x24 (0x1904FB, 0xFFFFF880095259A8, 0xFFFFF88009525200, 0xFFFFF880012D1DC1)
Error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
description: NT File System Driver
Bug check description: This indicates a problem occurred in the NTFS file system.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

On Wed 22-Oct-14 18:52:15 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: eamonm.sys (eamonm+0x1D289)
Bugcheck code: 0x24 (0x1904FB, 0xFFFFF880095259A8, 0xFFFFF88009525200, 0xFFFFF880012D1DC1)
Error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\eamonm.sys
product: ESET Smart Security
company: ESET
description: Amon monitor
Bug check description: This indicates a problem occurred in the NTFS file system.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: eamonm.sys (Amon monitor, ESET).
Google query: ESET NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Any ideas :( ?