[RUMOR] Lenovo to buy BlackBerry?

witting

Lenovo is rumored to be making another bid to acquire BlackBerry, with a report claiming that the Chinese company could make its offer to purchase the company as soon as this week.

The report comes from the financial news site Benzinga.com, citing unnamed sources. It added that Lenovo's first offer to BlackBerry will be to acquire it for $15 a share, and failing that it will up its offer to $18 a share. Neither Lenovo nor BlackBerry would comment on this new report.

Lenovo reportedly tried to purchase BlackBerry in 2013, but the government of Canada nixed that idea citing national security concerns. There's no word on why Lenovo believes it will be able to avoid this issue this time. Do you think BlackBerry would be a good match for Lenovo? Here's what we have to think about the possibility.

Source: Benzinga.com

Article source: Crackberry.com

My opinion: I don't see why the Canadian government would allow it this time and seeing lenovo won't be able to sell any android phone or tablet because BB10 has android runtime, (google doesn't allow full and forked versions of android by a manufacturer) It seems unlikely.

EDIT: Now there's the rumor of it being false: http://www.benzinga.com/news/14/10/4935972/hearing-reliable-sources-inside-lenovo-have-said-reports-of-move-for-blackberry-n#ixzz3GhiJOCeI

To be honest that would make sense. Lenove is big in the enterprise market and could really use BB's superb security features and systems. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Well, hmmm idk

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

As the OP and BlackBerry user myself I will have to think twice to get a new phone if they get bought by lenovo.

The cad cited security issues as to why they blocked the sale

I can't imagine their decision will be different this time

The majority of the government use black berry for gov stuff so security issues are a very real concern

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

i think it'll be a good match.. :/ give or take..

I actually used to think Blackberry was a subsidiary of Lenovo at one time.

If Lenovo does buy them, I hope they change the name to Dingleberry

Lenovo = massive in China

Result = more sales

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

They buy a lot. They even bought Motorola at one point.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

If Lenovo does buy them, I hope they change the name to Dingleberry

When I read "Dingleberry", this is what came to my mind:

55484717.jpg

On topic: It could help the still-poor sales record for Blackberry, considering the overall success of Lenovo. However, with Blackberry's position with security and the governments, this could replicate Cisco-Huawei tensions.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Won't happen, neither the Canadian nor the Gov of the US of A will allow the sale of Blackberry to a foreign owned/controlled entity for security reasons.  The same thing just happened with Manitoba tel and wind mobile, if I am not mistaken.

They buy a lot. They even bought Motorola at one point.

Did that deal go through, I thought they were still waiting on approval from the government. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10